Chapala.com Webboard

Driver's License

Went today, used Spencer's office, they made sure your paper work was  correct and organized everything went like clockwork of coarse Luise got us started thru the process right. I will say of all the Mexican government processes I've been thru these folks had there stuff together 😊 it was a pleasant experience . Thanks Luise !

Edited by phil in mexico
Spelling

15 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Plaza de las Torres is not open. The main office is: Av. Circunvalación y Prolongación Alcalde S/N,Jalisco Guadalajara. CP. 44290. Enfrente de Soriana Tránsito

You will need an appointment for any office that is open in GDL. There are more open today than last week. 

Here is the link to make your appointment

https://citas.jalisco.gob.mx/transporte/client/locationList

Ocotlan is working without appts as of yesterday, but you need to get there very early to get a number then wait your turn. They open at 9AM but the line will form way before that time.

What are their hours 9 am until when? Is the line up in chairs which was the case the last time that I was there but later in the day there was no lineup It has better access than HQ in Guadalajara for those of us with a disability.

36 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

What are their hours 9 am until when? Is the line up in chairs which was the case the last time that I was there but later in the day there was no lineup It has better access than HQ in Guadalajara for those of us with a disability.

Phone for Ocotlan:   392 925 9481         They open at 9AM and close at 1:30    The secretary said to get there very early to get your number.  

I would call to verify hours and availability, as things are still subject to change right now. 

On 6/4/2020 at 7:41 PM, FlyFree said:

Is the Driver's License facility in Chapala open? If not, what are my alternatives? My driver's license expires this month.

Friends who also have a Mexican license expiring soon told me that the office in Chapala will be open again as of Monday, 15 June.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, I ended up not going to Ocotlan but instead went to the Outlet plaza today to get my licence renewed. I used the website provided by mostly lost which list all offices in the Guadalajara area as well as their status (Closed/open). I booked an appointment on line Saturday morning and was given an appointment today at 11:10 am. I was in and out in 30 minutes and used my Simapa bill for my address. (the address on my CFE bill is somewhere on the moon..). Thanks Mostlylost for your help, I have pinned the website to my computer for future reference. Once I got my license I headed down to COSTCO for my 3 months trip. ☺️ 

3 hours ago, mexbound said:

So the last post says the Chapala Drivers License office will be open again as of Monday, 15 June.  Anybody in the local Chapala area know if it really is?  I live in Rancho Del Oro and don't feel live driving out there to check.

I checked this morning nope not open. I had to check but I would have bet not open, maybe the first of July but my wife doesn't want to wait that long.!

On 6/14/2020 at 11:16 AM, EldonNova said:

Friends who also have a Mexican license expiring soon told me that the office in Chapala will be open again as of Monday, 15 June.

Your friend is full of it and this kind of unsubstantiated post will probably send a bunch of people on a wild goose chase. Too many posts like this lately about all kinds of things. My wife was near there yesterday so I asked her to check and the padlock is still on the building and some other poor person went by to check probably as a result of this useless post.

41 minutes ago, phil in mexico said:

We are in octalan as I speak has been a very long day, we have been here since 8 am they have seen 9 people in total, my Amiga is # 12 we are hoping within the next hour and a half we will be done and they close at 2pm. From my experience guadalajara, is so much more organized, your milage may very!!!!!!!! 

Is this for a renewal or o new license?

1 hour ago, canmex87 said:

Is this for a renewal or o new license?

Yes I went with Spencer's office smooth as silk but 800. Pesos  my  S /O wanted to go Ocatlan we had another stop to make on the way home,  didnt work out well. my suggestion Guadalajara is my preference .P S both over our license were renewals once she got into the actual getting of the renewal it went fairly quick, but getting to that point took forever!!!