Chapala.com Webboard

Can Guadalajara residents travel to Ajijic?

My domestica, who lives in Guadalajara, hasn't been coming here since the lock-down started. I've been paying her regularly anyway, of course. Now I'm wondering if Tapatios are allowed to come here by bus so she could do some work in the garden while we practice social distancing. 

The non resident filter by Chapala Hacienas is still in operation. Moy said after the first verified case he will be strengthening the filter.  The Sanitary filter by the junction of hwy 35  is only functioning on weekends. 

Previously at the bus station they were putting non residents on the next bus back to GDL.  

Some people manage to get into Chapala but there is no guarantee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Gov. personal and police are still stopping all cars at a check point as of yesterday,  checking for proof of residence on the Carretera out west around San Juan Cosala

At the roadblock east of San Juan Cosala they usually only stop a few of the cars. They seldom ask for residence. If you are wearing a cobreboca you are free to go usually. Often the checkers are sitting in the shade back 10 meters from the carretera.  Many people from Guadalajara have second homes Lakeside so they  come and go as they please. 

5 hours ago, Mitch said:

Gov. personal and police are still stopping all cars at a check point as of yesterday,  checking for proof of residence on the Carretera out west around San Juan Cosala

I have traveled to and from Joco Several times this week and have been waved through every time.. As cedros they hardly bother to stop and check anyone, if you are wearing a mask you’re home free.. If you.have tested positive for Covid19 just wait until after 6 pm when there is no one manning the check points..

If there is one carriersThey have already exposed everyone on the bus including those who live here, who get off the bus and go their merry way exposing others.  Sitting on a bus for 45 minutes with one carrier is long enough to catch the virus

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kyle said:

And the buses run all day from Guad. And no one Checks.  These Check points are a Joke 

The checkpoints may be "jokes"  I will not judge 

There are three Municipios in Jalisco with the  non resident checkpoints that are still in effect. All are high tourism cities. 

Chapala      2 confirmed cases

Mazamitla zero confirmed cases

Tapalpa     Zero confirmed cases

Mostly lost.  The post has been deleted but it was right after the original,post.  A person saying they worked as a maid and have been taking the bus to here from Guad. With no,problem.   Maybe others saw the post or the original poster may remember it 

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

And the buses run all day from Guad. And no one Checks.  These Check points are a Joke 

Of course the checkpoints are a joke. Full of holes but what else can they do?

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Mostly lost.  The post has been deleted but it was right after the original,post.  A person saying they worked as a maid and have been taking the bus to here from Guad. With no,problem.   Maybe others saw the post or the original poster may remember it 

I was the first response to the OP.   But if you say so.

I know there must be many English speaking maids who follow this website

Anyone who thinks these checkpoints are a joke is an :()...go to the Chapala malecon on Saturday afternoon...the Ajijic malecon and square on Sunday afternoon ..totally deserted even this last couple of weeks when the restaurants have been partially open  . ..Maybe you people don’t get out much .

6 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Anyone who thinks these checkpoints are a joke is an :()...go to the Chapala malecon on Saturday afternoon...the Ajijic malecon and square on Sunday afternoon ..totally deserted even this last couple of weeks when the restaurants have been partially open  . ..Maybe you people don’t get out much .

Regardless there are thousands of Tapatios Lakeside on the weekend and quite a few during the week. Thousands of them own houses here so they don't need to be out in public all the time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cedros said:

Regardless there are thousands of Tapatios Lakeside on the weekend and quite a few during the week. Thousands of them own houses here so they don't need to be out in public all the time.

Exactly!.  I have several including next door on my street and they have been coming all along.  People aren't on the malecons because the cops run them off.