Chapala.com Webboard

Help with forehead themometers

$2500 pesos sounds like a lot for a required thermometer.  I don't know if only certain models are acceptable.  I came home to the US to

quarantine....wife's orders.

If someone can find out if this model is acceptable,  https://www.amazon.com/CaseSack-Thermometer-Non-Contact-Infrared-Forehead/dp/B086H3K92Y/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1591111702&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&s=industrial&sr=1-14&qty=12&psc=1&selectObb=b2bNew,

If they are acceptable, I will order a dozen of them, and Fed EX them down at my expense.

But please verify they will work.  I will also need an address to send them.  And any suggestions.

• Like 1

Amazon says  this on is available by June 10.

Not specifically for forehead, just a generic model.

https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Lasergrip-1080-Non-Contact-Thermometer/dp/B00DMI632G/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1591114042&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&s=industrial&sr=1-13&qty=1&psc=1&selectObb=b2bNew

13 minutes ago, Referdude said:

Read the complete ad.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

If someone at Lakeside wants to take the reins on this, find a good deal, etc., I will gladly send a US $600.00 check via ISHOP, or however.  Let me know.

If this works out somehow, I would like to request that one goes to the Frida Restaurante, in San Antonio.  Three ladies that are always so nice

and accommodating.

The one that's approved by the government here, I suspect, is the one on Amazon for $599 plus shipping which is about $1500p and does not include duty and brokerage fees. In addition a lot of medical devices are rejected by Aduano. I paid $2500 to a medical supply house here and I have no ideal who Bellon Insurance paid $2700p to. In any event, your thoughts are in the right place.

4 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

The one that's approved by the government here, I suspect, is the one for $599 plus shipping which is about $1500p and does not include duty and brokerage fees. In addition a lot of medical devices are rejected by Aduano.

You are right there will be 16% IVA added and the possibility of rejection as a medical device Even our governor couldn't get medical items imported from the US  for 2 months

29 minutes ago, Referdude said:

If someone at Lakeside wants to take the reins on this, find a good deal, etc., I will gladly send a US $600.00 check via ISHOP, or however.  Let me know.

If this works out somehow, I would like to request that one goes to the Frida Restaurante, in San Antonio.  Three ladies that are always so nice

and accommodating.

Frida's is already open for table service.  

Have any of you ever asked what the reading was when someone checks you temperature with one of those temperature guns or whatever they are called? I was shocked at how close to my actual temperature it was.

Yes I started taking a normal thermometer with me so that I could make a comparison. I also didn't realize that the temperature of my skin was so close to my internal temperature. I'm guessing that would not be the cases up north when it gets real cold out.