Chapala.com Webboard

Broken glass patio window...

After the high wind yesterday evening, the Ajijic weather station showed the highest gust for the evening of only 26 miles per hour. I don't know how fast the wind actually was at my home at the top of Juarez in Ajijic. But I'm guessing that it was a lot faster than 26 miles per hour.

• Like 1

The age old security question. I know a couple in Jocotepec who put in bullet proof glass and then bars outside of that.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Can anyone help the OP find someone to fix their window this weekend?

I was wondering the same thing. How about responding to the request rather than standing back and throwing spitballs. Or, just refrain from responding.

• Like 6

I am afraid to suggest this because the picture suggests that the wall in which the window was installed might be concrete. But should it be wood, could one get several pieces of 4 by 8 foot plywood and some 2by4s and with a screw gun install something covering the opening created by the broken window??

Yes I know we are on the metric system down here so what sizes of wood available are probably a little different and my idea might not work, But I am always surprised by what these builders can do down here. They are so talented.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

If you are that afraid why do you live here?  I really don't understand.  Go back to where you came from if you feel it is safer

Such intense criticism and judgment!  The person asked for suggestions on glass replacement, not for your opinion of how they should live.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cookj5 said:

I was wondering the same thing. How about responding to the request rather than standing back and throwing spitballs. Or, just refrain from responding.

Totally agree.  Personal attacks totally unacceptable.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Veena said:

Huge front terrace window imploded during the wind storm last night, 220 cm by 247 cm. Viluma cannot replace until Monday. Suggestions for earlier replacement deeply appreciated...Las Fuentes near Jocotepec, worried about safety.

patio window.jpg

Veena,

I cannot locate the information on my glass person.  When I can locate it, I will send to you.  Also, I have a suggestion for future safety with no burglar bars and how this can be prevented from happening agai.  I will PM you on that.

• Thanks 1

Sleep tight. The Las Fuentes guards are on duty. I live somewhere near you and my 2 screen doors don't have locks and I don't worry too much.