Chapala.com Webboard

Covid-19 confirmed in Chapala and Jocotepec

7 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

There is NO Corona in Chapala. I tried to copy the info,but, it wouldn't copy .It is the latest post on "Chapala EXPAT Liaison" on Facebook.

THANKS GOD , NO CORONA VIRUS IN CHAPALA
Copied from Chapala Health Talk

The man who said he lived “outside of Chapala” was actually from Ixthualacán when they checked his ID. Still, we have 3 tests pending and it’s only a matter of time until we have confirmed cases.

Ixtlahuacán now has 3 cases, two of which are active.

First confirmed case of Covid-19 removed from Chapala

The municipality of Chapala was removed from the list of municipalities with confirmed cases of the new Coronavirus (Covid-19), because this case corresponds to a resident of Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos, the Ministry of Health Jalisco (SJ) reported through a Press release.

The confusion arose when the patient said to live outside Chapala and so he was settled in his epidemiological study; however, when verifying his home it turned out that he has his residence in the municipality of Ixtlahuacan de los Membrillos, according to information obtained by PAGINA Que Si Lees.

At the report of May 27, Chapala reappeared with zero confirmed cases on that platform, while the case "badly referenced" was awarded to the municipality of Ixtlahuacan de los Membrillos, where it belongs, to reach three confirmed cases of the disease , of which, two are active cases.

Although it still has no confirmed case of Covid-19, Chapala has four suspected cases and 33 more that tested negative to Covid-19, according to the platform that with the support of the Federal Ministry of Health (SSA) and CONACYT was developed to show the advance of the pandemic in Mexico based on official data.

26 minutes ago, DuckieHoomever said:

Anyone have a photo of the post on the Raquet Club board they could post here? Another RC resident is interested.

She could check her mail.

3 hours ago, DuckieHoomever said:

Anyone have a photo of the post on the Raquet Club board they could post here? Another RC resident is interested.

I don't think the RC would like it posted here. They sent it to the residents of the RC 

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

They have now fact checked one of 50 million posts.   I'm impressed. 

I will go out on a limb here and take a wild guess that the one account that was fact checked has more than 80,000,000 followers.  Lot of collateral damage from the words of one person.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Kiko said:

I will go out on a limb here and take a wild guess that the one account that was fact checked has more than 80,000,000 followers.  Lot of collateral damage from the words of one person.

So this account belongs to what Mexican?  AMLO?  Because this board is "This board is for people with interest in the Lake Chapala area and in moving to Mexico"  

Or are you trying to bring foreign politics into a discussion about COVID 19 >

49 minutes ago, Kiko said:

From SemanarioLaguna:     http://semanariolaguna.com/51453/

The President of Jocotepec's statements  are contradicted by the Federal govt, and the University Nacional Autonoma de Mexico as of last night. All Joco has was 34 negative tests and 2 waiting results.  Tonight they will publish updates. 

38 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The President of Jocotepec's statements  are contradicted by the Federal govt, and the University Nacional Autonoma de Mexico as of last night. All Joco has was 34 negative tests and 2 waiting results.  Tonight they will publish updates. 

I hope you are right.  I know the President of Jocotepec and his family well.  I also am friends with the President of the Racquet Club.  Neither man has any self interest in promoting false news, both are men of character and integrity.

Until the dust settles, I will err on the side of caution and follow their lead. You all can choose your own sources and arrive at your own conclusions.  Buena suerte.

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

So this account belongs to what Mexican?  AMLO?  Because this board is "This board is for people with interest in the Lake Chapala area and in moving to Mexico"  

Or are you trying to bring foreign politics into a discussion about COVID 19 >

No.  I did not write in my post any country or politician.  I would be banned from the board if I had done so.

You are free to draw your own conclusions.

3 hours ago, cedros said:

I don't think the RC would like it posted here. They sent it to the residents of the RC 

Yeah, sorry Cedros. My friend did indeed see the message. I misunderstood her. I still find it curious why the RC would not want it posted here, but I'll leave it be. Thanks for responding. Stay safe, stay home!

Been a member of this web board but have found it rather uninteresting. Same old thing. Most folks grumbling and everybody claiming to have proof of their righteousness. Snooping around for covid facts, same old thing again. Everyone is an epidemiologist of infectious disease. Not sure what Mainecoons degree is yet. I can’t figure this one out. I must admit though, that person must go through keyboards like wow! So much time on one a web board must be so exhausting. Hey, if you enjoy it. Super! I do find many entries repetitive, leadind to boring. I don’t have to read them all do I?

• Haha 1