Chapala.com Webboard

Covid-19 confirmed in Chapala and Jocotepec

1 hour ago, El Menudo said:

I can’t believe you would even consider making a comment like this.

Yep, I can believe it.    He also sends poorly written PM's to those who criticize him, FYI, just got one.     Am quivering in my boots.    Be warned.....he may get you next.

😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Very doubtful it's same story. That was about a doctor in Ajijic. the account she made said her patient had been transported to the USA. this was a long time ago. 

This actually confirmed patient is a new case in Chapala, and mentions they are recuperating at home.  If this was the patient claimed by the doctor, she said they were tested in Texas, so they would not appear on the government platform in Jalisco. 

No, she was not saying it's the same story.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JRPJR said:

No, I was not implying that the latest cases fee not real and I have no idea why you would suggest I were. You need to go back and repeat Mind Reading 101.

The case I was referring to was reported several weeks ago.

And, I was not even referring to your post or the latest cases but to Floradude’s (which I quoted in my post) which is the case reported weeks ago. You need to go back and repeat Reading Comprehension. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I would hope the government, through Hector,  would give us some hint as to this Chapala "Patient Zero," so we can judge if we have been in contact with him/her. At least let us know if he/she is a Gringo or Mexican and some information  on where he/she may have been locally

Also remembering that a carrier can be spreading the virus before symptoms are showing.

Given the hysteria around this thing that would hardly be a good idea.  I would hope the authorities are doing some contact tracing.  The Koreans and Japanese have found that to be a very powerful tool for limiting outbreaks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Floradude said:

Whatever happened to the "confirmed" case of the doctor here, as well as the American lady that she contracted the virus from?

Why are they never mentioned?

The case of the doctor in the Reporter article case was not confirmed.  She tested negative twice.  It was a man that she said she contracted the virus from.  He left immediately for the States.  All the doctor`s patients were tested and none were positive.

15 hours ago, gogirl said:

Giving that information out willy nilly might be dangerous for the patient. It needs to be done properly. People are crazy these days. Just my two cents.

I was told by a friend today that one of the five tested and waiting for results is a friend of his wife. So it would appear the virus is in the foreign community as well as the Mexican one. As most of us are in contact with both it would be prudent to continue using masks, washing hands, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE PEOPLE when responding to an IMPORTANT post like this I find NO reason to post a humorous response. It is rude & insensitive. 

NOW, for those who are curious (we all are, face facts) of those who locally got CV, perhaps we can keep stress at a minimum by obviously wearing a mask, hand washing and the rest of what experts say. On top of that:

EACH OF US should keep a calendar diary of where we were out shopping, what day and for how long/the time. This would be a good way to trace the virus if we or others get it! 

Stay well, and keep 6 ft away from me! 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Joyinmexico said:

PLEASE PEOPLE when responding to an IMPORTANT post like this I find NO reason to post a humorous response. It is rude & insensitive. 

NOW, for those who are curious (we all are, face facts) of those who locally got CV, perhaps we can keep stress at a minimum by obviously wearing a mask, hand washing and the rest of what experts say. On top of that:

EACH OF US should keep a calendar diary of where we were out shopping, what day and for how long/the time. This would be a good way to trace the virus if we or others get it! 

Stay well, and keep 6 ft away from me! 

Virtue signaling. Seen more frequently during the pandemic.

"I'm taking this seriously. Many of you are not."

• Like 1

"Virtue signaling". I like that. Is there something similar for not only "the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue" but being sanctimonious at the same time?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 hours ago, tsktsktsk said:

Eric Blair is the real name of George Orwell, Big Brother theorist. I think he would have a lot to say concerning the comment about revealing identities.

Actually, George Orwell's book 1984 has turned into non-fiction!

14 hours ago, tsktsktsk said:

"Virtue signaling". I like that. Is there something similar for not only "the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue" but being sanctimonious at the same time?

Sorry, but don't know the name for it...but when I hear Warren Buffet and Bill Gates say they should be paying more taxes I'm reminded there should be a name for it.

depression , fear, frustration, cabin fever...... all have led to violence in the US and it is affecting us too

There is NO Corona in Chapala. I tried to copy the info,but, it wouldn't copy .It is the latest post on "Chapala EXPAT Liaison" on Facebook.