Chapala.com Webboard

Covid-19 confirmed in Chapala and Jocotepec

I would hope the government, through Hector,  would give us some hint as to this Chapala "Patient Zero," so we can judge if we have been in contact with him/her. At least let us know if he/she is a Gringo or Mexican and some information  on where he/she may have been locally

Also remembering that a carrier can be spreading the virus before symptoms are showing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

I would hope the government, through Hector,  would give us some hint as to this Chapala "Patient Zero," so we can judge if we have been in contact with him/her. At least let us know if he/she is a Gringo or Mexican and some information  on where he/she may have been locally

Also remembering that a carrier can be spreading the virus before symptoms are showing.

Giving that information out willy nilly might be dangerous for the patient. It needs to be done properly. People are crazy these days. Just my two cents.

• Like 6

In Ontario they don't give out information any lower than the municipality. You have to assume that you or someone you come in contact with has been in contact with that person and isn't showing symptoms.. In our Municipality of 15,000 we've had 4 cases (two who returned from a cruise with the infection). We haven't had a new case in about a month, 99% of us have been  following the rules and still are, our problem is that like Lake Chapala we're a summer weekend beach community and we've had an two weekends of people from larger cities where there is still active spread. So we physically distance 2 metres (6.6 feet), wash our hands, use sanitizer and wear masks (when we can't be 6.6 feet apart).

Please tell me no one is surprised by this.  People from GDL have continued to come here and people from here have continued to go to GDL.  There is widespread failure to use face masks properly or maintain social distancing.  Testing has been almost nil.  

It was ineveitable.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jrod said:

Tonight, one case of Covid-19 has been confirmed in each of the municipalities of Chapala and Jocotepec on coronavirus.gob.mx.

image.thumb.png.6e74e6451da6484a08492396f9d0922b.png

image.thumb.png.f5c2cf09411805b4c97e6e9e181a3b03.png

Same information on the University Nacional  Autonoma of Mexico  Chapala 1 active,    Jocotepec 1 recuperated,    Ixtlahuacan 1 active, 1 deceased. 

9 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

In Chapala it is a woman between 65 and 69 years of age that is active and quarantining at home.

In Jocotepec it was a woman between 55 and 59 who was hospitalized and has recuperated.  

16 minutes ago, Floradude said:

Whatever happened to the "confirmed" case of the doctor here, as well as the American lady that she contracted the virus from?

Why are they never mentioned?

The American woman was transported to the states. She is no longer here so why would she continue to be mentioned? As for the doctor, she completely recovered from whatever she had so, again, what is there to “mention”?

11 hours ago, Eric Blair said:

I can’t believe you would even consider making a comment like this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

In Chapala it is a woman between 65 and 69 years of age that is active and quarantining at home.

In Jocotepec it was a woman between 55 and 59 who was hospitalized and has recuperated.  

The goverment news release as presented in the media give entirely different ages and gender.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xena said:

The American woman was transported to the states. She is no longer here so why would she continue to be mentioned? As for the doctor, she completely recovered from whatever she had so, again, what is there to “mention”?

I think there may have been some doubt about the veracity of the story.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

In various areas of Mexico, people are attacking medical workers who they think have been in contact with COVID cases. How do you think they might react to people who have actually been tested and confirmed? Please stop calling for information on the specific patients... those in charge are probably doing as much as they can to trace any contacts, but their options are limited. We should not put people in danger by "outing" them as infected. The best strategy is to assume ANYONE you come in contact with may have been exposed, and may therefore expose you to infection. Take necessary precautions... masks, hand-washing, disinfecting, etc.  Stay home if you are concerned or in a high-risk group. The virus IS here, and probably has been for awhile. It will CONTINUE to be here for months or even years. We need to learn to deal with it rationally, without panic, and without treating others as though they're the enemy. Please be kind to those around you, and be considerate of the need for privacy. Digital hugs to all! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, JRPJR said:

I think there may have been some doubt about the veracity of the story.

Yes. There was. And still is. I guess we should be mentioning it to deny these latest cases are real? If that is the point then use your words and just say so. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Xena said:

Yes. There was. And still is. I guess we should be mentioning it to deny these latest cases are real? If that is the point then use your words and just say so. 

Very doubtful it's same story. That was about a doctor in Ajijic. the account she made said her patient had been transported to the USA. this was a long time ago. 

This actually confirmed patient is a new case in Chapala, and mentions they are recuperating at home.  If this was the patient claimed by the doctor, she said they were tested in Texas, so they would not appear on the government platform in Jalisco. 

56 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

The goverment news release as presented in the media give entirely different ages and gender.

Different sources different information on ages and gender.... all agree 1 recovered in Jocotepec, 1 active in Chapala, 1 active in Ixtlahuacan.

4 hours ago, Xena said:

No, I was not implying that the latest cases reported are not real and I have no idea why you would suggest I were. You need to go back and repeat Mind Reading 101.

The case I was referring to was reported several weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1