Chapala.com Webboard

Internet Muy Despacio

Pete you are correct. Unless you are downloading or uploading huge files, anything over 10 down is just bragging rights. Mine is bigger than yours... 

Now here is something impressive:

Researchers in Australia claim they have recorded the fastest ever internet data speed.

A team from Monash, Swinburne and RMIT universities logged a data speed of 44.2 terabits per second (Tbps).

At that speed, users could download more than 1,000 high-definition movies in less than a second.

This is the time of the year when the internet does slow down, the month of May and June and into the rainy season the Internet does seem slower, when I had my business I use to dread this time of the year. Yes, environmental factors do play a role.

Many of the junction boxes that house the cabling and equipment are outside and are hit by the sun all day long, the same goes for antennas on top of the cell phone towers, when things are warm they don't run as efficiently.

Warmer temperatures indoors cause the modems and PC's  to run hotter as well. It probably does not help much that there are more people staying home and are on line. Once things cool down things should improve, that is until the rainy season rolls around, after that there are a new set of problems that begin because of the rain, humidity, and condensation.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I am just lucky. I get 19.6 or so MB/Sec down by just over 5 up on my Telmex infinitum connection and on izzi I am getting 9.75 down by 0.8 up. I have the most economical  speed package offered by both.

This speed has been pretty normal throughout this year. In previous years there seemed to be greater variance depending upon whether the snowbirds had left yet or not. That might be because the Covid virus has scared/motivated more snowbirds to go north earlier this year