Chapala.com Webboard

2nd letter to Moy

Presidente Moy                                                                                                           25 de mayo, 2020

El sol se calienta y daña cada día más. ¿Hay alguna forma de obligar a Walmart y Sorianas a plantar árboles de sombra en sus estacionamientos? Los automóviles estacionados son comidos por el sol y el calor extremo no es bueno para jóvenes o viejos. Perdón por esta súplica entre todas las demás emergencias que está manejando.

¡Sepa que la comunidad de expatriados está muy orgullosa de usted y agradecida por los pasos que da para proteger a toda la comunidad de Chapala!

The sun is getting hotter and more damaging every day. Is there any way you can force Walmart and Sorianas to plant shade trees in their parking lots? Parked cars are being eaten by the sun and the extreme heat is not good for young or old. Sorry for this plea among all the other emergencies you are handling.

Please know the expat community is so proud of you and thankful for the steps you take to protect all the Chapala community!

Gracias

Harry Bublin

• Haha 3
  • Sad 4

I don't have a dog in this hunt but I think that if I only had a few 'chits' I could use to promote the common good, I would not use one of them asking someone to ask Walmart to plant trees for shade in the parking lot. At best that's a 15-year payback period much less understanding just how that might look/work in the interim. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Maybe solar panels used for cover structure.  That would cover their electric bill

Installed by STI for municipio of Tlajomulco last year.....solar car parks are great.    (not that I'm biased or anything....)    😉 

Tlajomulco.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny, auto and bicycle sales are booming in some places NOB because people don't want to risk using public transit.   

Even stranger, RV sales are booming too.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/pursuits/-covid-campers-rv-motor-home-and-travel-trailer-sales-shoot-up

I see two trends that are probably going to accelerate because of this:  Working at home and the exodus from big cities.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

That doesn't sound strange to me at all. People would feel safer travelling and living in their own rig than risking infection by taking public transportation and staying in hotels.

Agree.  We have an RV up north specifically for that purpose.