Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
#HarryB

Message to Mayor on his personal Facebook Page

Recommended Posts

Presidente Moy                                                                                                                         25 de mayo, 2020


Estamos observando y muchas personas notan y se quejan de un gran número de Tapatios este fin de semana en nuestros supermercados y otros. No usan máscaras, ni usan desinfectantes e ignoran el distanciamiento social. Consideramos que esto pone en peligro nuestra salud y seguridad. ¿Puedes por favor ayudarnos?

 

We are observing and many people are noting and complaining about large numbers of Tapatios on this weekend in our grocery stores and others. They do not wear masks, nor use sanitizers and they ignore social distancing. We see this as endangering our health and safety. Can you please help us?

Gracias

 

Harry Bublin

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a Constitutional right in Mexico to travel freely.  SeGob issued a very clear notification about this.  

It is more than a little silly to think sitting out on Chapala highway and the libremiento for a few hours per day and turning a few people away is of any value.  All week long deliveries and trades people from GDL are coming in and out of here.  There are many Tapatios who own homes here and they have the right to come here just as we do.  I suspect the rest have quickly figured out to come at different times and on at least one different route.

We need to focus on our own personal risk management and safety and quit trying to micro manage this situation.  It is easy enough to avoid the Tapatios on the weekends, just do shopping and whatever during the week at slack times.  We know now that momentary encounters are unlikely to result in infection, it takes more prolonged contact which is why most infections are happening at home when one family member brings the bug in the house and hangs around others with it.  By avoiding crowded situations it is pretty easy to maintain our own social distancing.

Just as most of us have long understood our and property security does not rely on the local police, this situation is no different.  Mexico has a long and cherished history of ignoring and getting around government edicts.  They ignore the traffic laws too.  They're going to largely ignore this and there's not a damned thing we can do about it except be fully aware of and in charge of our own personal risk management.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was working prior to this weekend.

i entered Ajijic on Sat morning by taxi and they were just waving people thru, no request for ID.

I THINK WILL HAVE CASES POPPING UP VERY SOON

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where I saw this reply so maybe not confirmed news:

Dear Mr. Mayor

We business owners here at Lake Chapala respectfully ask that you ignore the wishes of a few non-citizens who seem to only worry about themselves. They want to put a fence around this place and thus starve us to death in the name of security. They don't like our clients from Guadalajara but they don't wish to make up the revenue we lose by not serving them. Yes, a few are actually citizens but the vast majority are just guests in our proud country. If it is legal to keep non-residents out we will abide by that but then request you see that the rule is strictly enforced. As of now it is a joke but our incomes are dangerously low and some of us will be forced out of business.

Thank you and we promise to plant some trees when this is all over.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest a minor edit, Pappys.  change "in the name of security" to "for the illusion of security."

Otherwise very well written and we will hold you to the tree planting.

:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, #HarryB said:

Presidente Moy                                                                                                                         25 de mayo, 2020


Estamos observando y muchas personas notan y se quejan de un gran número de Tapatios este fin de semana en nuestros supermercados y otros. No usan máscaras, ni usan desinfectantes e ignoran el distanciamiento social. Consideramos que esto pone en peligro nuestra salud y seguridad. ¿Puedes por favor ayudarnos?

 

We are observing and many people are noting and complaining about large numbers of Tapatios on this weekend in our grocery stores and others. They do not wear masks, nor use sanitizers and they ignore social distancing. We see this as endangering our health and safety. Can you please help us?

Gracias

 

Harry Bublin

I hope that's the "royal we" you are using because I for one have not made you my representative in this and any other matters.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

Not sure where I saw this reply so maybe not confirmed news:

Dear Mr. Mayor

We business owners here at Lake Chapala respectfully ask that you ignore the wishes of a few non-citizens who seem to only worry about themselves. They want to put a fence around this place and thus starve us to death in the name of security. They don't like our clients from Guadalajara but they don't wish to make up the revenue we lose by not serving them. Yes, a few are actually citizens but the vast majority are just guests in our proud country. If it is legal to keep non-residents out we will abide by that but then request you see that the rule is strictly enforced. As of now it is a joke but our incomes are dangerously low and some of us will be forced out of business.

Thank you and we promise to plant some trees when this is all over.

You're not sure where you saw it, but you'll post it here as if it's legit? 

Why don't you guys make a section called Political Musings or something along those lines and stop with the contortions, pretending that what you say isn't political, but anyone disagreeing with you is.

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bournemouth said:

Harry is a Mexican citizen.

What does that have to do with anything?

pedro kertesz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sea said:

You're not sure where you saw it, but you'll post it here as if it's legit? 

Why don't you guys make a section called Political Musings or something along those lines and stop with the contortions, pretending that what you say isn't political, but anyone disagreeing with you is.

 

You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time.

Did I not give a big hint as to it's origins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly there needs to be a balance of allowing people to go about their business, and strongly encouraging them to use some common sense and follow simple guidelines. Wearing masks and social distancing do work - despite what some "news" outlets tell you - and they are not difficult. Our little local tienda requires masks and limits to 5 customers at a time and she seems to be doing a good amount to business. With rights, come responsibilities.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...