Chapala.com Webboard

Why was Mtn Mama's thread closed?

Mtn. Mama started a topic today which had a link to an article on CBD oil as a possible virus treatment or preventative. Closed rght away by Mod 3 on the basis that she shouldn't be offering medical advice if she isn't qualified to do so.

She didn't offer medical advice, at all. She posted the link and simply gave a short comment on it from her point of view. She certainly didn't tell anyone that they should take it or make personal claims of its efficacy.

This board seems to be moderated on the basis of personal interpretation and bias, rather than impersonal forum rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Probably because I made a snarky comment about a certain malaria drug. I was wanting to share the CBD oil info so others could watch its progress as I plan to. There are interesting studies being done all over the world, and I expect a few will turn out to be valuable. I hope this is one of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Probably because I made a snarky comment about a certain malaria drug. I was wanting to share the CBD oil info so others could watch its progress as I plan to. There are interesting studies being done all over the world, and I expect a few will turn out to be valuable. I hope this is one of them.

It was probably not because you made a snarky comment about a certain malaria drug. If you were serious about sharing information you  you might have appealed to a wider audience by leaving out the snarky comment. But that is beside the point.  I would hope you could see that what you have done here suggesting the CBD might be a good way to prevent or reduce the symptoms  of COVID is no more than valid than what Trump has done in recommend some of his possible cures. I would have given him, or Biden, the same admonition. Leave the medical advice to the medical professionals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mod-3 said:

It was probably not because you made a snarky comment about a certain malaria drug. If you were serious about sharing information you  you might have appealed to a wider audience by leaving out the snarky comment. But that is beside the point.  I would hope you could see that what you have done here suggesting the CBD might be a good way to prevent or reduce the symptoms of COVID is no more valid than what Trump has done in suggesting some of his untested possible remedies . I would have given him, or Biden, the same admonition. Leave the medical advice to the medical provisionals.

Trump claims he did take the advise of his doctors. 

• Haha 2