Chapala.com Webboard

Post deleted

I would suggest that this is a web-board dedicated to imparting REAL information for expats and others living here...not hearsay, rumors, and FAKE NEWS from social media sources. I do not see any real documentation on any of this. Why spread panic more when there is enough out there for real concern.   

Why do you use that telltale FAKE NEWS all of the time? It sounds ignorant and flags your content as being "political."  Cook5 references someone he knows - a medical professional - and the Guad. Reporter - a local newspaper. You just want to pick a fight (as usual).

• Like 4

Hey Gringohombre, just turn on your radio or watch the News on one of the local Guadalajara Channels. It's all there.. Or if you are having problems with your Spanish. Here is an interesting article for you to read in English

"May 24 (UPI) -- The death toll and cases from coronavirus are surging in two Latin American nations -- Brazil and Mexico -- as the pandemic stabilizes in other former hotspots, including Asia and Europe.

Over the past few weeks, Brazil and Mexico have moved into top 10 for the most deaths in the world. Both countries set daily death increases last week with Brazil second in the world and Mexico third for 24-hour totals behind the United States on Saturday and Sunday"

Now most of the cases of the virus in Mexico are in the greater Mexico City area. In Jalisco where it is suggested that many of the cases are not being recorded, it shows that as of today there have been 767 confirmed cases of the virus, 473 recovered and 69 died. The total numbers for all of Mexico are 65,856 confirmed cases of which 44,919 have recovered and 7,179 deaths."

And I got all that information from our friend, Mr. Google in less time than it took you to accuse us of posting FAKE NEWS. You ought to learn how to communicate with Mr. Google. He will help you immensely, if you give him a chance

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, johanson said:

Hey Gringohombre, just turn on your radio or watch the News on one of the local Guadalajara Channels. It's all there.. Or if you are having problems with your Spanish. Here is an interesting article for you to read in English

"May 24 (UPI) -- The death toll and cases from coronavirus are surging in two Latin American nations -- Brazil and Mexico -- as the pandemic stabilizes in other former hotspots, including Asia and Europe.

Over the past few weeks, Brazil and Mexico have moved into top 10 for the most deaths in the world. Both countries set daily death increases last week with Brazil second in the world and Mexico third for 24-hour totals behind the United States on Saturday and Sunday"

Now most of the cases of the virus in Mexico are in the greater Mexico City area. In Jalisco where it is suggested that many of the cases are not being recorded, it shows that as of today there have been 767 confirmed cases of the virus, 473 recovered and 69 died. The total numbers for all of Mexico are 65,856 confirmed cases of which 44,919 have recovered and 7,179 deaths."

And I got all that information from our friend, Mr. Google in less time than it took you to accuse us of posting FAKE NEWS. You ought to learn how to communicate with Mr. Google. He will help you immensely, if you give him a chance

Mr. Google only takes you to places that you want to go. I was only responding to the OP and also another poster here who said "It looks like things just went critical in GDL today. Her hospital went from 10% to 80% occupancy with covid-19 cases in just one day, today." Now, if you can prove this to be true i will eat my boot (if I had one). If not, it is FAKE NEWS. Just trying to keep it real here!

2 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

That article has been posted every where, If you read other web boards they are posting that particular article is fake..  There is no doubt that Covid19 is increasing but it’s not as dire as that article is saying...

Thank you...that is precisely what I am saying. I am not sure if this web-board would be considered Social Media but why degrade it to that? For all the years I have been here, it has been a help with local concerns, references and helping newbies. It certainly has helped me, and I hope that in return, maybe some of my comments have helped others. Now I see this degeneration into yes, FAKE NEWS, not helpful to anyone. Just my opinion!

I was just posting the English language version of what is written about in Spanish.. Another great place to check out the facts is Google news or https://news.google.com/covid19/map?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen&mid=%2Fm%2F0b90_r   And it backs of the facts I posted from other sources.

I trust Google specially if you look at several of their references  For example I'm heading back to the Seattle Kirkland area, so I can check the virus levels, by state and by my county in the US.  I know that in Mexico, you can go by state and Mexico City. And the stats for Mexico City are scary.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, johanson said:

I was just posting the English language version of what is written about in Spanish.. Another great place to check out the facts is Google news or https://news.google.com/covid19/map?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen&mid=%2Fm%2F0b90_r   And it backs of the facts I posted from other sources.

I trust Google specially if you look at several of their references  For example I'm heading back to the Seattle Kirkland area, so I can check the virus levels, by state and by my county in the US.  I know that in Mexico, you can go by state and Mexico City. And the stats for Mexico City are scary.

Did you check with Mr. Google for the authentication of this: "It looks like things just went critical in GDL today. Her hospital went from 10% to 80% occupancy with covid-19 cases in just one day, today." 

Lets keep it real as to what is happening here Lakeside or Guadalajara because that is what this board is about! So you just keep relying on Mr. Google, Face Book, Social media or other sources and I will rely on mine.  

51 minutes ago, johanson said:

Did you have any problem getting a flight to Seattle?

I hav

12 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Did you check with Mr. Google for the authentication of this: "It looks like things just went critical in GDL today. Her hospital went from 10% to 80% occupancy with covid-19 cases in just one day, today." 

Lets keep it real as to what is happening here Lakeside or Guadalajara because that is what this board is about! So you just keep relying on Mr. Google, Face Book, Social media or other sources and I will rely on mine.  

I actually do check with Dr. Carlos Garcia the head Doc at the San Antonio Hospital and another staff member there. I will be checking in person June first and the third, before I head north to Seattle, for a visit..

Am I an expert on the subject, good gosh no, but I have all kinds of time to check on too many things via my computer

2 minutes ago, cedros said:

Did you have any problem getting a flight to Seattle?

Although I have not made reservations, American Airlines and Expedia both show that the flight between here and Seattle with a 2 hour stopover in I believe Dallas/Fort Worth, is still scheduled. But I am a little worried. I figure this is the best time to go north because the Corona virus rate is going down up there, and it could be about time to go up down here.  (I always go up at about this time of the year).

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

you have not helped anyone. ever. and yuour use of FAKE NEWS constantly is a reidiculous joke.

First, I would suggest that you check your spelling (or put down the glass). Next, check my record here since Oct. 2008 and you will see 1257 posts or comments that developed a 547 Excellent record. I would estimate that over half of these is advice or recommendations based on my 25 years of doing business here and 12 years+ living here full time. If you think that FAKE NEWS is not real, you are living on another planet! Just check out the ridiculous post by the OP above, and another one posted, regurgitating this same garbage: "It looks like things just went critical in GDL today. Her hospital went from 10% to 80% occupancy with covid-19 cases in just one day, today" 

• Sad 2

Gringohombre you don't seem to realize that unless you speak and read Spanish fluently your access to news is very limited in Mexico. So you have to take it where you can get it and try to guess how true it is. That is how it has been for hundreds of years. 

9 hours ago, Upfront said:

oh another one that wants to make fuun of my athritis. good for you.

What does arthritis have to do with spelling? I can see using abbreviations perhaps but adding extra letters to words doesn't seem to help arthritic fingers. Perhaps trying to deflect any criticism of the actual meat of the post. "