Chapala.com Webboard

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Opinion from a source I don't find either credible or trustworthy.

A more balanced source and report IMO:

https://www.ft.com/content/a2b4c18c-a5e8-4edc-8047-ade4a82a548d

Towards the end of this piece it is noted that Sweden sees it failed to protect nursing home patients adequately and that group, as is true for much of Europe in general, accounts for a relatively high percentage of the deaths.  Current death rate 3,240 out of 10.2 million or 0.32 percent.

According to the article, Sweden's death rate from covid-19 is more than 3 times that of the combined totals of its Scandinavian neighbors. 

But Sweden openly says they are betting that in 2-3 years the other countries death tolls will be similar and that they have not wrecked their economy. Stay tuned...

5 minutes ago, cookj5 said:

According to the article, Sweden's death rate from covid-19 is more than 3 times that of the combined totals of its Scandinavian neighbors. 

That's correct and the article discussed why and how they view it in quite some detail.  And I typed the rate incorrectly it should have been 0.032 percent.  That's three hundredths of one percent and they noted a big part of it came from nursing home deaths.

Why are more here not questioning the statement of the OP's post "I just want to pass on an update I have from my friend, Dra. Margarita Ibarra Lloyd, a nephrologist who works at the Nueva Hospital Civil. It looks like things just went critical in GDL today. Her hospital went from 10% to 80% occupancy with covid cases in just one day, today."There is another post with the same FAKE NEWS regurgitated and nobody seems to care although the moderator has called that out and we will see the outcome. I hate to see this board degenerating into another so called SOCIAL MEDIA site where anyone can post any wacko comment and everyone just lets it go. I see more and more of this here and do not like the trend. Just my opinion!

2 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

There is another post with the same FAKE NEWS regurgitated and nobody seems to care although the moderator has called that out and we will see the outcome.

And here is yet another post from you with the term FAKE NEWS. Just because you don't happen to agree with something or think someone hasn't posted enough back-up information to make something credible, doesn't mean it isn't true. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Why are more here not questioning the statement of the OP's post "I just want to pass on an update I have from my friend, Dra. Margarita Ibarra Lloyd, a nephrologist who works at the Nueva Hospital Civil. It looks like things just went critical in GDL today. Her hospital went from 10% to 80% occupancy with covid cases in just one day, today."There is another post with the same FAKE NEWS regurgitated and nobody seems to care although the moderator has called that out and we will see the outcome. I hate to see this board degenerating into another so called SOCIAL MEDIA site where anyone can post any wacko comment and everyone just lets it go. I see more and more of this here and do not like the trend. Just my opinion!

Try to relax and leave it up to those whose job it is to make that decision. If they don't agree with your take, you can always take it up with the Owner of the Board. 

7 hours ago, mudgirl said:

And here is yet another post from you with the term FAKE NEWS. Just because you don't happen to agree with something or think someone hasn't posted enough back-up information to make something credible, doesn't mean it isn't true. 

ooook...then lets call it NEWS THAT'S NOT TRUE. Not quite the same ring to it however. I prefer to get right to the point so I think I will stick with it!

• Sad 3

Actually, why don't you just stop saying it at all. None of us needs your constant judgment calls. It's not providing any useful information.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

My credibility to statistics is always equal to The credibility I give to the original source, which is usually the government or in my particular instance, Johns Hopkins.

I believe dr. Fauci has either been intentionally sideliining himself because his Superior has made a clear showing of terminating those that disagree with him, and dr. Fauci has done this on many occasions. Or it could be that he was told to cool it by either his Superior or someone speaking on behalf of his boss.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, tsktsktsk said:

Actually, why don't you just stop saying it at all. None of us needs your constant judgment calls. It's not providing any useful information.

Agree.   And it really is in violation of the board rules to "keep it civil".     Screaming "Fake News" all the time, does not put you in good company, either....something to be mindful of.

Actually it really is not a violation of the rules.  Keep it civil means between each other and comments about each other.  Criticizing or branding information in a post, as opposed to another member, is not a civil issue, it is a difference of opinion issue.

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

My credibility to statistics is always equal to The credibility I give to the original source, which is usually the government or in my particular instance, Johns Hopkins.

I believe dr. Fauci has either been intentionally sideliining himself because his Superior has made a clear showing of terminating those that disagree with him, and dr. Fauci has done this on many occasions. Or it could be that he was told to cool it by either his Superior or someone speaking on behalf of his boss.

Fauci is in self quarantine, as he was exposed to an active case.

13 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I think many of us here take things posted on Facebook with a grain of salt. Just because we don't question it doesn't mean we believe it.

3 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Actually it really is not a violation of the rules.  Keep it civil means between each other and comments about each other.  Criticizing or branding information in a post, as opposed to another member, is not a civil issue, it is a difference of opinion issue.

OK....well you know the Mods better than I do.....I still feel that "civil" means doing it as below....and I'd add "respectfully" to these definitions...

which screaming "Fake News" all the time is not, IMHO.….and as you also correctly pointed out, with nada to back it up.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/civility

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gringohombre said:

ooook...then lets call it NEWS THAT'S NOT TRUE. Not quite the same ring to it however. I prefer to get right to the point so I think I will stick with it!

You don't get it all, do you? Just because you think something isn't true doesn't make it fake news or news that's not true. If you can find credible information that proves that something is false, and present that information, that's one thing, but simply shouting FAKE NEWS means nothing at all and is a pointless and annoying rebuttal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, virgo lady said:

OK....well you know the Mods better than I do.....I still feel that "civil" means doing it as below....and I'd add "respectfully" to these definitions...

which screaming "Fake News" all the time is not, IMHO.….and as you also correctly pointed out, with nada to back it up.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/civility

And often those who yell or write  FAKE NEWS, do so when they are in a debate on line and don't know how to answer back, and they yell FAKE NEWS. you know like our friend gringohombre does. Too me, it is all to funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moderator-2 said:

Anything else here on the topic?

YES  Posted in another thread as well.

Here are facts published by verifiable sources. Not Twitter, Snapchat,  Facebook etc.

El Informator newspaper

Jalisco has re-organized all the hospitals in the greater GDL area. When a patient presents with covid they are transferred to one of the hospitals with space allotted specifically for covid patients. There are also installations in parking lots with temporary hospital space for covid patients.

According to Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico as of yesterday  Zapopan has 36 active cases, Guadalajara 120 active, Tonola 31 active, Tlaquepaque 37 active, El Salto 22, Tlajomulco 26., Ixtlahuacan 1 That is a total of 275 active cases. Jalisco has reported that 70% or more of the cases are quarantined in their home. That leaves under 60 needing a hospital bed. Not all require an ICU bed.

Published May 25 in the Guadalajara Diario newspaper about just one hospital :

The General University Hospital of Guadalajara "is holding up well" and has expanded its capacity to 400 beds, of which some 350 are exclusively enabled for coronavirus infection. This was transmitted today in a voice file by the director of the Integrated Area of Guadalajara, Antonio Sanz Villaverde, who confirmed that on Saturday they expect to triple the number of ICU places until they have 35 available positions, coinciding with the highest point of the disease that is expected soon. .

So one hospital alone has enough beds available as of yesterday for every active case in the Guadalajara area. 

16 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

According to Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico as of yesterday  Zapopan has 36 active cases, Guadalajara 120 active, Tonola 31 active, Tlaquepaque 37 active, El Salto 22, Tlajomulco 26., Ixtlahuacan 1 That is a total of 275 active cases. Jalisco has reported that 70% or more of the cases are quarantined in their home. That leaves under 60 needing a hospital bed. Not all require an ICU bed.

So one hospital alone has enough beds available as of yesterday for every active case in the Guadalajara area. 

Is the number quoted above from the Univ. Guadalajara testing only?

It appears that private testing in Guadalajara is stepping up.  This is also from Informador, as of 5/24. 

The private labs found almost twice the number of new cases than the U of GDL did in the same 24 hours.  

For its part, the University of Guadalajara has reported 372 positive people (with thirteen new cases today), which were detected by the laboratories of the Civil Hospital of Guadalajara and the University Center for Health Sciences (CUCS).

In turn, the two authorized private laboratories have identified 212 confirmed cases (with 23 new cases today). In other words, in total, in the last 24 hours 84 new infections were reported in the State: seven cases every two hours. Altogether they add thousand 764 cases.

From Laguna newspaper in Chapala

"If there was a confirmed case in Chapala, I would be the first to further intensify the isolation, I would be the first to go out and say what is happening because my interest is to take care of people," said the Municipal President, Moisés Alejandro Anaya Aguilar. 

The statements were made after a doctor from the town of Ajijic shared -through her social networks- a statement that is not endorsed by the Jalisco Health Secretariat (SSJ), an agency accredited to provide this type of information.

"Around Ajijic there was a doctor who wanted to create panic and who has said and manifested on more than one occasion that she knows that there are infected and I invite the population not to create gossip and not to create unofficial statements, that they The only thing they want is prominence ”, refuted the mayor. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Is the number quoted above from the Univ. Guadalajara testing only?

It appears that private testing in Guadalajara is stepping up.  This is also from Informador, as of 5/24. 

The private labs found more new cases than the U of GDL did in the same 24 hours.  

As stated the information is from  Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. Their website displays all confirmed cases State of Jalisco, University of GDL  platform, and private. It is updated every day. 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f0f10e692a814fd8aa8afc7f8575f5d2