Chapala.com Webboard

CV UPDATES FOR MEXICO & DEVELOPING WORLD

9 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Doubtful...

This is well  documented. I just took a look on Google and discovered that the U.S. has done the same with Guatemalans and Haitians. There is a long list of articles on the subject. You may want to look that up for yourself before being so dismissive.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

The real question on who is to blame will be answered in time. What is public knowledge is China halted internal flights from Wuhan to other cities in China, while allowing flights from Wuhan to other countries while knowing the virus did transfer from person to person. 

I see. So now that we know how the virus is transmitted, which was known to US officials back in late January, and considering the the US infection rate and death toll is still rising, I guess the officials who are opening their states up, forcing people back to work in unsafe conditions, and allowing people to congregate on beaches and in other public venues do not share any of the blame? 

You can't rewrite history, but you can conduct yourself going forward armed with new knowledge, in a way so as to mitigate further disaster. There's plenty of people, aside from the Chinese govt. who have blood on their hands in this.

5 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Yeah  They sent plane loads of infected people all over the world.  Worked great. Now who has the best economy?...One guess...

The Lakeside is very lucky to have no coronavirus cases so far. Does it mean China hasn't 'sent plane loads of infected people" according to your analogy?

8 hours ago, Lily H said:

The Lakeside is very lucky to have no coronavirus cases so far. Does it mean China hasn't 'sent plane loads of infected people" according to your analogy?

Not a lot of flights from China to Mexico. First cases in Mexico were from Italy. First cases in Italy from China.

9 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I see. So now that we know how the virus is transmitted, which was known to US officials back in late January, and considering the the US infection rate and death toll is still rising, I guess the officials who are opening their states up, forcing people back to work in unsafe conditions, and allowing people to congregate on beaches and in other public venues do not share any of the blame? 

You can't rewrite history, but you can conduct yourself going forward armed with new knowledge, in a way so as to mitigate further disaster. There's plenty of people, aside from the Chinese govt. who have blood on their hands in this.

What an usless phrase "blood on their hands" 

people who build highways have "blood on their hands"   someone drowns on a public beach city has "blood on it's hands"  child dies of aspirin overdose Bayer has "blood on it's hands"  

And as far as I know in Mexico no one is being "forced to go to work in unsafe conditions".  If I choose to skydive I do so knowing the risks. If I choose to go to the beach, barber, nail salon, etc. I do so knowing the risks.

• Like 1