Chapala.com Webboard

We should consider ourselves lucky to be Lakeside.

I'm just sharing thoughts. If you're not interested, don't read further. No one is forcing you to read this. If you generally don't like my postings, please block me. 

After reading all the news this morning, I noted where Mexico ranks near the top in corruption. Also how the Covid 19 testing in Mexico very poor relating to other countries. So why are we lucky to be here?

It seems to me that we are not really touched by the corruption, and I don't count having to pay a citation to the officer as "corruption."

I would opine that most of the Gringos are reasonably well-off financially. I mean, with the comparatively low cost of living, we don't have to be really worried about being dependent on a business to pay our bills. I believe if any of us feel we want/need testing for Covid 19, I'm sure it's available privately (if you trust the testing).

In a way, we are in our own little isolation bubble, and, Constitutional or not, the local government is making some effort to try to isolate our area from "outsiders."

I also feel, and I have nothing to back this up other than my personal observations, that Gringos are more conscientious when it comes to flowing the guidelines for social distancing, masks and hand washing.  Remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

All-in-all, I consider myself lucky to be in Mexico today rather then the U.S.

Good health to all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

I'm just sharing thoughts. If you're not interested, don't read further. No one is forcing you to read this. If you generally don't like my postings, please block me. 

After reading all the news this morning, I noted where Mexico ranks near the top in corruption. Also how the Covid 19 testing in Mexico very poor relating to other countries. So why are we lucky to be here?

It seems to me that we are not really touched by the corruption, and I don't count having to pay a citation to the officer as "corruption."

I would opine that most of the Gringos are reasonably well-off financially. I mean, with the comparatively low cost of living, we don't have to be really worried about being dependent on a business to pay our bills. I believe if any of us feel we want/need testing for Covid 19, I'm sure it's available privately (if you trust the testing).

In a way, we are in our own little isolation bubble, and, Constitutional or not, the local government is making some effort to try to isolate our area from "outsiders."

I also feel, and I have nothing to back this up other than my personal observations, that Gringos are more conscientious when it comes to flowing the guidelines for social distancing, masks and hand washing.  Remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

All-in-all, I consider myself lucky to be in Mexico today rather then the U.S.

Good health to all.

I don’t understand the point of the majority of your posts. This  board is not your personal diary for you to ramble on about your life. Would you please consider using  Facebook for that?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 2

• mod-3 locked this topic