Chapala.com Webboard

2 important questions for 2 new neighbors

10 hours ago, LT56NY said:

Hi and thanks for that information. When we lived in DF we went to 10MB with Telmex and even after our nephew (who is a computer whiz and heads a department at a corporation for cyber security) worked on it he said the best we could expect was about 6 or 7. Granted this was 5 years ago. It doesn't look like it has improved that much. We will be moving at the end of July with a September 1 move in date so we will immediately go to the offices of Telmex and iLox and see where we stand with things. Hope one day we can meet. I am sure my wife would love to meet a fellow Chilanga!

We are in Oklahoma at the moment.  Depending on virus when we return in the fall.  My wife is a psychologist and had a television show in Mexico City.  I am sure the wives would like to meet.  She has already made several good friends in Riberas.  Hope to meet you in the fall.  If you have any questions I might answer feel free to PM me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 5:36 PM, rafterbr said:

We are in Oklahoma at the moment.  Depending on virus when we return in the fall.  My wife is a psychologist and had a television show in Mexico City.  I am sure the wives would like to meet.  She has already made several good friends in Riberas.  Hope to meet you in the fall.  If you have any questions I might answer feel free to PM me.

Hi,

Sorry I have not gotten back to you. We have had a death in the family. Let us definitely stay in touch. I will be contacting you soon. Thanks 

On 5/23/2020 at 12:29 PM, gringohombre said:

As far as internet...I am lucky to be in an area covered by ILox...pay $595 for the highest speed and get a constant 90 - 100 download. Do not include the phone option however (Many negative reports here including mine)...get the Telmex basic phone for a little under $200 per month. ILox also has a Mexican TV package but do not know anything about that.

You don't have the highest speed.  You have the middle tier.

Included in Telmex package was telephone, with free calling to states, we never use.  We use our mobile phones.  Some television we never use, we have an anroid.   With an anroid you can get television from all around the world.  Another contributor on this forum got one for us and kindly set it up for which we are deeply grateful.