Chapala.com Webboard

Food Safety

CHILLIN

Apparently the mediators of this board do not want to hear about food safety issues, especially where the sale of local, home produced, non- inspected meats and cheeses are involved.

That is a shame, because this is a very serious public health issue, especially in Mexico. No individual poster, moderator, supplier implied nor intended.

• Sad 2

38 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Excellent reply to the OP who really has no clue.-SNORK!

Sr. Moderator. Isn't this a direct personal attack, that you are determined and were apparently mandated to put an end to? This Pedro character has brought about the demise of every website I can think of. That is four that I can think of right now. Now he is starting on this one, even though being permanently barred at least twice. Are you that desperate for "hits"?

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Sr. Moderator. Isn't this a direct personal attack, that you are determined and were apparently mandated to put an end to? This Pedro character has brought about the demise of every website I can think of. That is four that I can think of right now. Now he is starting on this one, even though being permanently barred at least twice. Are you that desperate for "hits"?

Reality check required.

I had to laugh at the OP. The public here are the health and safety inspectors. A business that makes people sick is quickly shunned and goes out of business. The OP assumes that  regulations make things safe--not. They are there as a way to control the little guys and create a cash flow. When you actually look at the infrastructure in the USA for checking our food supply you will find it under funded and lax about the basic commodities coming into the country.  This pandemic has brought out the worst in squeamish people , I know because I used to be one of them, but I grew up. The health problems here in Mexico aren't caused by home made foods, but nice clean poisonous processed foods and sodas. If something doesn't seem right to you just don't buy it/eat it, but don't lay that trip on the rest of us. The last thing we want is for Mexico to become more like the USA. I agree with Pedro---did I just say that?

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, cafemediterraneo said:

I had to laugh at the OP. The public here are the health and safety inspectors. A business that makes people sick is quickly shunned and goes out of business. The OP assumes that  regulations make things safe--not. They are there as a way to control the little guys and create a cash flow. When you actually look at the infrastructure in the USA for checking our food supply you will find it under funded and lax about the basic commodities coming into the country.  This pandemic has brought out the worst in squeamish people , I know because I used to be one of them, but I grew up. The health problems here in Mexico aren't caused by home made foods, but nice clean poisonous processed foods and sodas. If something doesn't seem right to you just don't buy it/eat it, but don't lay that trip on the rest of us. The last thing we want is for Mexico to become more like the USA. I agree with Pedro---did I just say that?

And I agree with you.

pedro kertesz

• Like 1

Maybe tell the victims of two seperate outbreaks in Puerto Vallarta involving fresh cheeses made from unpasteurized milk. Authorities moved quickly, and decisively in those cases. Maybe the rural, backwater, small town nature of Lakeside does not attract inspectors. Try this question in Guadalajara these days or Puerto Vallarta. Living in close proximity to a restaurant there who had to replace their 60 year old tile and grout kitchen work surfaces with stainless steel.

One of the fundamental rules of this forum are that users using fake names as posters will be permanently banned. I guess that doesn' t apply to Ben Wah, Ned Small, and Happyjillin, and other aliases which I now thankfully forget. Slippery slope ahead. Pedro is a negativity magnet. Always has been, always will be.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Apparently the mediators of this board do not want to hear about food safety issues, especially where the sale of local, home produced, non- inspected meats and cheeses are involved.

That is a shame, because this is a very serious public health issue, especially in Mexico. No individual poster, moderator, supplier implied nor intended.

Not at all.  Just don't take over someone else's thread about it.  You have your own thread here, go for it!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cafemediterraneo said:

I think there's a lot of complacency NOB, including Canada, and undue faith in government regarding same.  There have been some pretty big outbreaks of food poisoning up there which seem to have escaped notice.  

Very well put, cafemediterraneo!

11 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

One of the fundamental rules of this forum are that users using fake names as posters will be permanently banned. I guess that doesn' t apply to Ben Wah, Ned Small, and Happyjillin, and other aliases which I now thankfully forget. Slippery slope ahead. Pedro is a negativity magnet. Always has been, always will be.

Not at all.  I haven't added it up but it seems there are more "handles" than actual names used here including your own.  Where in the world did you get this idea?

Personal comments OTOH like "Pedro is a negativity magnet" are strongly discouraged.   

It's your thread, why don't you get back to discussing food safety.  What would be particularly helpful is how we can all personally improve on this given the lack of official efforts on our behalf.

Much ado about nothing[William Shakespeare]

known by both, pedro kertesz and peter kertesz  which I don't hide.

I have had food poisoning only once. Was in Windsor,Ontario and ordered a pizza[bacon pepperoni mushroom and onion] in my motel room, put the unfinished part in a drawer came back the next day after my sales calls and finished it. Food poisoning, obviously stupidly self inflicted. No food inspector came to my room,either. I have been coming to Mexico since 1978 and have lived in Chapala for 14 years. I have eaten street food[love them lingua and tripa tacos], [Menudo and birria are two of my other favourites], in many places in mexico and never suffered from food poisoning.

PEDRO KERTESZ

1 hour ago, gringal said:

Which rule re "handles" is being referred to?

" Having multiple user names will result in immediate banning of poster"

Chapala Com rules and regulations. Sticky.

I have never been banned or used multiple user names. I asked to be removed from the membership list because I was using a name I use in professional artist forums, and I did not like the direction the forum was going. Small town America, right wing thinking and attitude, down at the IHOP, planning the Jaycee parade - embarassing, for me at least. They replied that they could not remove me, that they didn' t know how!?!? Explains the bloated membership list on this forum. Finally they did. Years later Mx. Chillin signed in with a new account, but switched to Facebook, almost exclusively. So I took over the name. Already post regularly on the other board ( TOB), joining many other posters such as Ferret, Computer Guy, Slainte, Benji, and others banned from Chapala.Com. Maybe I will switch to Facebook too, since that horse has aleady left the barn privacy wise.

A popular theory over on the TOB is that someone, I won't say who, is using "sock puppets" here. An old internet term for someone creating alternative names or posters to support an unpopular post or poster. Personally, I don' t care anymore. Having survived and being entertained by the great usenet flame wars, started by a group of Harvard students, I don't care anymore.

http://xahlee.info/netiquette_dir/_/meow_wars.html

• Sad 1

To clarify, that rules means that a regular member can't be on here in more than one persona at a time.  

You rather did hijack your own thread, Chillin.  DO you wish to continue or request that it be closed?  That is your right and option as the thread starter.

• Thanks 2

On 5/23/2020 at 12:20 PM, CHILLIN said:

" Having multiple user names will result in immediate banning of poster"

Chapala Com rules and regulations. Sticky.

I have never been banned or used multiple user names. I asked to be removed from the membership list because I was using a name I use in professional artist forums, and I did not like the direction the forum was going. Small town America, right wing thinking and attitude, down at the IHOP, planning the Jaycee parade - embarassing, for me at least. They replied that they could not remove me, that they didn' t know how!?!? Explains the bloated membership list on this forum. Finally they did. Years later Mx. Chillin signed in with a new account, but switched to Facebook, almost exclusively. So I took over the name. Already post regularly on the other board ( TOB), joining many other posters such as Ferret, Computer Guy, Slainte, Benji, and others banned from Chapala.Com. Maybe I will switch to Facebook too, since that horse has already left the barn privacy wise.

A popular theory over on the TOB is that someone, I won't say who, is using "sock puppets" here. An old internet term for someone creating alternative names or posters to support an unpopular post or poster. Personally, I don' t care anymore. Having survived and being entertained by the great usenet flame wars, started by a group of Harvard students, I don't care anymore.

http://xahlee.info/netiquette_dir/_/meow_wars.html

Great you have opened the dam by hijacking your own thread so let's get down to some truths-eh! You were gary sculptari on Thorne Tree and Mexconnect where you were laughed off them for hair brained schemes and wild whacky ramblings, so I suspect that you didn't use that handle here so that some of the same people wouldn't laugh at you here. Benjji on TOB [and I choose  to call it ALV [another local venue], is fred habacht here and posts under his wife barbara's name as well. There is a "benjjis mom" on here too-hmm. Some members here post on both boards and the majority of those are reasonable and helpful here and have chosen to have different handles for either forum. The sock puppet thing used on ALV including the owner and others who frequent both boards and that you have passively/aggressively raised here in this thread  is not a mystery as to who it refers to. Yes I read the ALV. Another easily made observation is that far more members make posts and more interesting ones here than on ALV. It's not a wise thing to disrespect a mod with posts[that's clearly in the rules] some on here haven't even been tossed off for that-eh gary sculptari aka chillin! And lastly you will continue to make yourself sick with envy after almost 20 years of trying to discredit me and my accomplishments both here and in Canada,some of it legally libelous but no results.That brick wall must hurt your head a lot. SNORK!

pedro kertesz

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

As my great, great Granpappy, the Dreaded Pirate William Powley used to say " Let dieing dogs lie, and lie, and lie. Poke them with a stick once and a while to see if they are done".

Were you just poked with a stick gary sculptari?

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

As my great, great Granpappy, the Dreaded Pirate William Powley used to say " Let dieing dogs lie, and lie, and lie. Poke them with a stick once and a while to see if they are done".

I'll take that to indicate you think the thread is done.

Closed.

• Thanks 2