Chapala.com Webboard

The New Normal Has Began?

Traffic is not the only thing picking up:  (Note: In this article.. The Government of Mexico only reports COVID-19 tests and cases that exist within the public health system, private hospitals and private laboratories results are not included in the daily reports.)

MEXICO RECORDS ITS LARGEST SINGLE-DAY INCREASE OF COVID-19 CASES, AND SECOND DEADLIEST DAY

with 334 additional deaths in the last 24-hours, the second deadliest day, just below the record of 353 deaths in a single day set on May 12.

The State of Jalisco added 35 new cases and six new deaths today, while Puerto Vallarta added 12 new cases and reported no new deaths. While statewide, Jalisco processed 32 less COVID-19 tests compared to yesterday, Puerto Vallara increased testing 18 more people than yesterday.

Statewide, only 8,891 tests have been processed, and Puerto Vallarta has only processed 587 tests since the beginning of the pandemic.

https://www.vallartadaily.com/mexico-records-2713-new-cases-of-covid-19-and-334-deaths-today/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+VallartaDaily+(Headline+News+from+Puerto+Vallarta)&fbclid=IwAR3PDP_6DGXPRF4adPvD7rFuMM3ANKC02RL8CVtDtyJ9epBblOtVSsccV60

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

This morning the traffic was bumber to bumber from Chapala to La Foresta...so is this now the new normal????

I notice, not only on this site, but on Facebook, that many people fail to check their typing before they post something.   In your topic line you said "Began", whereas I think you meant "Begun".  Then you go on to say "bumber to bumber" instead of "bumper to bumper".  Forgive me for being picky, but I see more and more of this all the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, EldonNova said:

I notice, not only on this site, but on Facebook, that many people fail to check their typing before they post something.   In your topic line you said "Began", whereas I think you meant "Begun".  Then you go on to say "bumber to bumber" instead of "bumper to bumper".  Forgive me for being picky, but I see more and more of this all the time.

Yes, it annoys me when I make spelling mistakes on Facebook. If only you could edit your posts.

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Oh well, first we lost chivalry, then we lost penmanship, now we are losing spelling. With Harry, I blame the little keyboards too. Autocorrect is insane.

It is not just autocorrect. There is also “predictive spelling.” You hit two or three letters and the program fills in the word you are most likely (from past writing) to be using. Type fast, don’t be paying attention, don’t proofread before hitting send or post and driving a motorcycle becomes drinking a motorcycle. Add those to typos and you have lots of “mistakes.”

If you speak Spanish instead of English all of the time you forget the order of words in a simply sentence sometimes and have to stop and think about the correct order of words in a sentence in English to post it correctly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NLU said:

One can edit their posts. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of your post. You can edit, delete, etc.

Not in Facebook messenger.

I don't think that I said that one could. Please read your post. You said 'posts.' However if one clicks on the 3 dots in the upper left of one's message, one can remove it. Then , one can retype hopefully without the typos.

I apologize in advance for trying to be helpful.

18 hours ago, EldonNova said:

I suspect we all know what he meant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, EldonNova said:

I am sure you do.  But my point was that we should stop being lazy and re-read what we have typed before we post it.  Maybe I am just old-fashioned.

Oar maybee yer just pronged ta overbeering  bee--havi-boar wendy combs to lawnwage.

• Haha 2