Chapala.com Webboard

Libramiento closed - both directions. Why?

Does anyone know why the libramiento is closed?  I live in Brisas de Chapala, left home at 9AM to go to the vet, road closed and blocked by police trucks.  Coming home, still closed.  Went through Chapala, took 25 minutes to get from Ladron vet clinic to Soriana.  The access road onto the libramiento from that direction has crime scene tape across it.

What a sad bunch of people some of you are on this board.. To say they had been drinking without knowing the facts, and you don’t know the facts... I didn’t see the accident but I was told from someone who did there were several motorcycle that appeared to be racing each other...

How sad you have to post a photo of the body,  Don’t you have any thought for the deceased's  family... who just might be members of this board. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

3 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

What a sad bunch of people some of you are on this board.. To say they had been drinking without knowing the facts, and you don’t know the facts... I didn’t see the accident but I was told from someone who did there were several motorcycle that appeared to be racing each other...

How sad you have to post a photo of the body,  Don’t you have any thought for the deceased's  family... who just might be members of this board. 

1 hour ago, daisy2013 said:

He was drinking  a motorcycle and tried to pass and did not see the truck coming the other way

Given the context of her sentence, my guess is that @daisy2013meant to type,  He was driving a motorcycle.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

There is no body shown  there may be a corpse under the silvery blanket just a busted moto and highly likely that the poster meant driving not drinking. In Mexican media you will almost always see the gory, mangled and bloody body fotos of the deceased in accidents like this. You aren't used to that? I saw a deceased moto amigo on FB taken by the amigos that were riding with him.

• Like 1

I think they cover bodies with whatever someone has with them. When I came across a motorcycle crash scene on the liberamento the body of the rider was covered with blue plastic. The wadded up metal that had been his bike was laying  in front of the jackknifed trailer truck that had obviously tried to stop. 

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

How sad one does not recognize a typo when one sees one.  🤪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

this was posted on Facebook a few hours ago,  so apparently the news article wasn't accurate and the  truck driver didn't take off:

Sadly 2 motorcycles hit a truck. 1 fatality. Prayers for the family and friends.

*UPDATE* - driver of Truck in jail for 20 - 36 hours,. until the Ministerio Publico Investigation is over. It was not his fault, this was seen by many witnesses. But he still has to sit in jail. Think of his family as well in this.
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, TomL said:

this was posted on Facebook a few hours ago,  so apparently the news article wasn't accurate and the  truck driver didn't take off:

Sadly 2 motorcycles hit a truck. 1 fatality. Prayers for the family and friends.

*UPDATE* - driver of Truck in jail for 20 - 36 hours,. until the Ministerio Publico Investigation is over. It was not his fault, this was seen by many witnesses. But he still has to sit in jail. Think of his family as well in this.

And that is why people take off in an accident even when they aren't at fault.  Travesty of justice.