Chapala.com Webboard

Min Wah - Ajijic - Updates?

Carnivore

15 hours ago, artsnob said:

And hide the salt shaker, too much made food inedible, we sent it back, paid for drinks and never went back...

I agree, the food is lousy and too much salt. The only good meal I ever had there was breakfast and I prefer other restaurants for that also.

Since nobody actually responded to the opening post we decided to update our own opinion.  Having had the opportunity to experience Chinatown eateries in Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Montreal, New York and Boston* (*the very best) we feel that we know and appreciate Chinese food.  We ordered for delivery last week.  They close at 7:00p.m. and we were told that we would have our order delivered just before 7:00p.m.

We ordered 2 orders of Egg-Rolls; an order of their "House" Lo-Mein; an order of their "House" Egg Foo Young and an order of their Moo Goo Guy Pan.  Total Price:$560.00MN  - Suggested tip for driver $30.00MN (Ridiculous!).  Our order arrived at 6:55p.m.  Everything was well packaged and hot.  (Sides of Hot Mustard, Plum Sauce, Chili Sauce)  As there were only two of us there was sufficient of everything for a full meal the following day.   The best food and value of all that we have had delivered during the "shut down".  That includes: Blue Rose, Tepetate Pian Thai and Bruno's.  (We also liked all three of the other restaurants but we now, definitely feel that some of the recent Min Wah posts are "totally suspect"!!)  Oh yes, we tipped the driver appropriately!  The order of Egg Foo Young (which is the best we've ever eaten) in the delivery container was still appropriately "hot" 45 minutes after delivery!

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

Since nobody actually responded to the opening post we decided to update our own opinion.  Having had the opportunity to experience Chinatown eateries in Toronto, Vancouver, Victoria, Montreal, New York and Boston* (*the very best) we feel that we know and appreciate Chinese food.  We ordered for delivery last week.  They close at 7:00p.m. and we were told that we would have our order delivered just before 7:00p.m.

We ordered 2 orders of Egg-Rolls; an order of their "House" Lo-Mein; an order of their "House" Egg Foo Young and an order of their Moo Goo Guy Pan.  Total Price:$560.00MN  - Suggested tip for driver $30.00MN (Ridiculous!).  Our order arrived at 6:55p.m.  Everything was well packaged and hot.  (Sides of Hot Mustard, Plum Sauce, Chili Sauce)  As there were only two of us there was sufficient of everything for a full meal the following day.   The best food and value of all that we have had delivered during the "shut down".  That includes: Blue Rose, Tepetate Pian Thai and Bruno's.  (We also liked all three of the other restaurants but we now, definitely feel that some of the recent Min Wah posts are "totally suspect"!!)  Oh yes, we tipped the driver appropriately!  The order of Egg Foo Young (which is the best we've ever eaten) in the delivery container was still appropriately "hot" 45 minutes after delivery!

Seems that you beat the odds,is all.

Not a dog in this fight, but sometimes here folks that maybe had a bad experience years ago want to regurgitate it over and over. Times change!. Over my 12 years here I have had some great meals there and maybe 1 or 2 mediocre. I take Carnivore at his word of his recent experience. In this difficult situation, why not give them a second chance?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Not a dog in this fight, but sometimes here folks that maybe had a bad experience years ago want to regurgitate it over and over. Times change!. Over my 12 years here I have had some great meals there and maybe 1 or 2 mediocre. I take Carnivore at his word of his recent experience. In this difficult situation, why not give them a second chance?

My experience was recent as I wrote in another thread and so bad that I won't give that joint a second chance.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tsktsktsk said:

Not really sure if someone else should be deciding my experiences. FAKE NEWS.

First of all, I did not quote you. My post was a general observation and a comment on a very favorable recent review. I do not look at this as news, so let's save your favorite phrase for real FAKE NEWS!

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Was I the one who used it on this thread first? Please reserve this important phrase for only the most egregious of the FAKE MEDIA sins!!! We are talking FOOD here!

No, you weren't the first to use it in this thread. But apparently you aren't quite savvy enough to recognise sarcasm when you see it.

As for saving it, as you suggest, my suspicion based on your many unwelcome posts is that you should never have used it at all, because you apparently also don't recognize the difference between real news and FAKE NEWS!!!!

You were at a restaurant and I believe I heard you say Fake Foods, the last time I overheard you. You were answering your friend who asked what the fake news was about the restaurant you were at. At least I think that was you :) 

38 minutes ago, tsktsktsk said:

No, you weren't the first to use it in this thread. But apparently you aren't quite savvy enough to recognise sarcasm when you see it.

As for saving it, as you suggest, my suspicion based on your many unwelcome posts is that you should never have used it at all, because you apparently also don't recognize the difference between real news and FAKE NEWS!!!!

Who are you to say that my posts are "unwelcome"? And as far as the difference between real news and FAKE NEWS, this is in the eye of the beholder and truth...and again this is the FOOD part of a board for information regarding Lakeside and Guadalajara; so why are you pursuing this here? I did not instigate any of this! Read this thread.

1 hour ago, johanson said:

You were in  a restaurant and I believe I heard you say Fake Foods, the last time I overheard you. You were answering your friend who asked what the fake news was about the restaurant you were at. At least I think that was you :) 

Not me...are you doing OK?? And no, I am not a restaurant!

22 minutes ago, johanson said:

You are too funny Gringo Hombre, I greatly enjoy your posts. :) 

I see that you fixed your "you are a restaurant" text (I also use the EDIT function here). As a great American once said "Can we all get along?". That was Rodney King after the LA riots precipitated by his freeway beat down by cops in 1992. I was right in the middle of all that and saw a lot of destruction and human suffering. We do not have to get down hard on others but it is worthwhile pointing out reality to some who are getting their news and information from dubious sources. Stay safe!.