Chapala.com Webboard

Guess the start of the rainy season

Hey I am in three different phonebooks lakeside and have been for many years. All Mac needs to do is to look up my number and phone me here in Ajijic. And should one wish to reach me on the internet, he can either message me here or get my email address which is also shown in these local phonebooks next to my phone # and send me an email.

Don't try leaving a message on my Telmex landline because either it isn't working or no  one has tried to leave a message lately. I don't know which.  If for some reason I do not answer your phone call, the most reliable method is to email me. That way when I am up in Seattle for a few days I will get the message as well.

I think you folks with the early dates are probably going to call this one right.  Moisture definitely building up.  Westerly jet stream weakening rapidly.

There's been a weak wind shift too.  Saw some lightning off to the NE last night around 11PM.

58 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

I think you folks with the early dates are probably going to call this one right.  Moisture definitely building up.  Westerly jet stream weakening rapidly.

There's been a weak wind shift too.  Saw some lightning off to the NE last night around 11PM.

Summer type of cumulus cloud build up to the south at 3pm  

A Clouds.JPG

Government forecast  showing 63% chance Saturday & Sunday and 95% Monday

A prog.JPG

I was happily surprised to see the rain. It wasn't that much, but the wind gusts were quite high for short periods of time. The Ajijic weather station recorded 26 miles per hour on their website. It seemed perhaps higher, up at the top of Juarez in Ajijic where I live.

There was enough rain to drop the outside temperature from the mid 80s to 72 F at my house and 75 F at the weather station.

I love this weather :) 

• Like 1

The weather channel, Acu Weather and others receive their information from the Airport weather station.  Hundreds of times they have reported currently raining while the whole Chapala basin was sunny and cloud free. On the other hand they have reported currently clear at night while it was raining over a large percentage of the Chapala basin.   

Don't know where Conagua is getting their info, but it is different than the GDL forecasts at this time whereas years ago it was basically the airport weather.  

We will see this weekend who is more accurate. Forecasters in the US or forecasters in Mexico