Chapala.com Webboard

Moy Anaya clarified Fase 0 in conference at 11 am today

Presidente Municipal Moy Anaya held a videoconference clarifying FASE 0 and stressed three main points. (He will post this on social media later today.)

1. Filtros sanitarios—health checkpoints—will continue, intensified.
His priority is the health of the people of the municipality of Chapala; he is not permitting tourists to enter and risk our health.

2. Regarding Fase 0 from Jalisco Governor Alfaro
Many people were under the illusion/confusion that businesses could reopen on May 18. Only the protocols to allow your business to reopen begin today, and run through 31 May.
NO BUSINESS REOPENINGS IN FASE 0. (My note: except restaurants, point 3, below.)
The municipality will continue to support local businesses until they receive the protocols/permissions to accredit and reopen business. To do this, he will have available personnel from the economic promotion tourism board to work side-by-side with businesses so they can get required certifications.

Moy understands there was confusion, but today only begin the protocols to be able to open in the future. The Chapala government is here to support local businesses.

3. Restaurants can reopen dine-in service today at 35% capacity TO LOCALS ONLY. Why only restaurants? Because the governor gave approval for them to open statewide and, since we’ve had 0 confirmed cases in our municipality, we find the protocols and preventative measures of sanitization, hand sanitizer, Sana Distancia requirements sufficient to hopefully will allow restaurateurs and staff to begin to get some income. Moy reiterates:: this is for LOCALS ONLY, as of today, following all health guidelines, 35% occupancy, and is not for tourists or outsiders, who will not be permitted to dine in-restaurant. It is for locals.to help locals gradually reactivate the economy to new normality.

Warning to restaurants: If you open as of today, be aware of these measures and respect what we are authorizing. Any restaurant that does not follow these measures will IMMEDIATELY BE CLOSED.

We are in a local and worldwide health as well as an economic crisis, so we are taking measures to carefully reopen, yet maintain the health protocols.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jrod said:

Restaurants can reopen dine-in service today at 35% capacity TO LOCALS ONLY. this is for LOCALS ONLY, as of today, following all health guidelines, 35% occupancy, and is not for tourists or outsiders, who will not be permitted to dine in-restaurant. It is for locals.to help locals gradually reactivate the economy to new normality.

Maybe we should have our CFE bills tattooed to our foreheads 💡 🧾 😀

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Out1 said:

It would be nice to have the parks, malecon, and golf courses open; locals only.

I agree!  Social distancing would not usually be a problem weekdays at malecons, parks.  On golf, would work if we could go out caddy-less for the time being.  

Personally when we start dining at restaurants again it will be at open air patios with plenty of space between tables.  

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/closing-parks-ineffective-pandemic-theater/609580/

Many of our Mexican neighbors live in crowded homes.  They go to the Malecons to get air, sunshine and space.  Our immune systems need Vitamin D from exposure to sunshine.

This is not only onerous for them it is bad policy. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/riskiest-to-least-risky-activities-during-coronavirus-pandemic-ranked-2020-5?r=MX&IR=T#low-risk-touching-mail-or-groceries-13

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/04/closing-parks-ineffective-pandemic-theater/609580/

Many of our Mexican neighbors live in crowded homes.  They go to the Malecons to get air, sunshine and space.  Our immune systems need Vitamin D from exposure to sunshine.

This is not only onerous for them it is bad policy. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/riskiest-to-least-risky-activities-during-coronavirus-pandemic-ranked-2020-5?r=MX&IR=T#low-risk-touching-mail-or-groceries-13

It's OK to go outside to walk around in the streets - you just can't hang around and congregate with people.  You have to keep your distance if you stop to talk to someone.  Obviously, people would tend to congregate at the Malecon or other parks.  I take the scenic routes when I go out for errands.

"0 Confirmed cases in Chapala"?

First there is NO HOSPITAL that a Mexican would use in Chapala. They are all targeted to Gringo private insurance. If any Mexican was sick from COVID 19 they would most likely go to a hospital in Guadalajara. 

Second there is NO TESTING that I have seen in order to support this overly broad statement. You can not claim "0 confirmed cases in Chapala" where there is no testing in Chapala, that is absurd.

Third if the COVID 19 were in Chapala, from what I see in my neighborhood it would spread like wildfire. Today I left the house to take the garbage to the street and saw 6 people in 2 minutes none of which were wearing masks. Just 2 days ago everyone had masks. One person was a passing motorist that swerved to the left side where I was , to turn his head out his open window and coughed as he passed me, less that 2 ft from my body. The other four walked by in a group chatting as if nothing was going on in the world.

Interesting how the meaning of "0 Confirmed Cases" can change depending om he circumstances. The reality of the circumstances are is that nobody wants that number to go up so they are not inclined to start widespread testing and show the real situation. This same thing is happening everywhere in the USA now as testing becomes more available. Not that there are more cases but more being confirmed through testing. 

No testing seems to imply no confirmed cases. wow isn't that too convenient?

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ezpz said:

It's OK to go outside to walk around in the streets - you just can't hang around and congregate with people.  You have to keep your distance if you stop to talk to someone.  Obviously, people would tend to congregate at the Malecon or other parks.  I take the scenic routes when I go out for errands.

"Let them eat cake."

That isn't how this culture works.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, HDTVStreamers said:

"0 Confirmed cases in Chapala"?

First there is NO HOSPITAL that a Mexican would use in Chapala. They are all targeted to Gringo private insurance. If any Mexican was sick from COVID 19 they would most likely go to a hospital in Guadalajara. 

Second there is NO TESTING that I have seen in order to support this overly broad statement. You can not claim "0 confirmed cases in Chapala" where there is no testing in Chapala, that is absurd.

Third if the COVID 19 were in Chapala, from what I see in my neighborhood it would spread like wildfire. Today I left the house to take the garbage to the street and saw 6 people in 2 minutes none of which were wearing masks. Just 2 days ago everyone had masks. One person was a passing motorist that swerved to the left side where I was , to turn his head out his open window and coughed as he passed me, less that 2 ft from my body. The other four walked by in a group chatting as if nothing was going on in the world.

Interesting how the meaning of "0 Confirmed Cases" can change depending om he circumstances. The reality of the circumstances are is that nobody wants that number to go up so they are not inclined to start widespread testing and show the real situation. This same thing is happening everywhere in the USA now as testing becomes more available. Not that there are more cases but more being confirmed through testing. 

No testing seems to imply no confirmed cases. wow isn't that too convenient?

A Mexican (or gringo) who is very sick would go to the IMSS clinic, or Insabi, or their Dr., or Cruz Roja or one of the hospitals here.  If they had covid symptoms they would be sent to GDL for a test. They are performed by the UDG on a drive in basis, at the IMSS and civil hospitals, plus some private hospitals. All test results  (negative or positive) are reported to the state & federal govts.

When anyone is confirmed at any testing site their place of residence is posted, not the location of the test. If they die their place of residence is posted.

There are no test sites in Ixtlahuacan. There was a positive reported, and later a death confirmed for that person. 

And as of last night there were 0 confirmed cases of covid 19 of residents of Chapala or Jocotepec municipalities. 

• Like 1

From what I have been reading, Mexico & the US are not only under-testing, but the test results are questionable. The one hour Abbot Lab test is reported to be getting upwards of 20% false negatives. Abbot says it is user error, but the incorrect results are the same.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 6:20 AM, Mainecoons said:

"Let them eat cake."

There's plenty of Mexicans who understand the seriousness of this virus and are taking the appropriate precautions. This isn't about Mexican culture. It's not in the same "cultural" ball park as not bothering to call if you can't make it to work that day.

No need to comment on this, speaks for itself.  From this morning's El Informador:

Merchants from Obregón, Medrano, Centro Histórico and the tile factory of Niños Héroes demonstrated at the Minerva roundabout to demand the reopening of their businesses.

They questioned that the supermarkets and the street markets can already operate while they are asked to continue with the curtain closed.

Yesterday, owners of establishments in Guadalajara turned on the alarms of their spaces to complain. 

This action will continue. Three minutes at noon until they are allowed to reopen.

Also from this morning's Informador.  See a pattern?

All reported deaths are male

The first reported was 61 years old and a resident of Ayotlán. He had a smoking history and started with respiratory symptoms on May 10, so he entered the La Barca Regional Hospital on the 11th and was later transferred to the General Hospital of the West, in Zapopan, where he died on the 19th of this month.

The second was 50 years old, a resident of the municipality of Puerto Vallarta and a history of diabetes, hypertension, chronic kidney disease, obesity and smoking. He began with respiratory conditions on May 14 and entered the IMSS Zone 42 General Hospital in Puerto Vallarta on May 15, where he died on May 17.

The third reported deceased was 74 years old, was a resident of Guadalajara and had a history of diabetes, obesity and smoking. He began with respiratory symptoms last April 30 and entered the IMSS Regional General Hospital 110 in Guadalajara on May 4, where he died on the 18th.

The fourth death was a young man of 37 years, a native of La Barca, with a history of obesity and diabetes, who died with symptoms on May 9, so he entered the Regional Hospital of La Barca on day 11 and died on May 13 .

And the fifth reported death was 68 years old, was a resident of Zapopan and had a history of hypertension. The patient started with respiratory symptoms on May 5, for which he entered the IMSS Regional General Hospital 110 on May 15 in Guadalajara, where he died on May 20.

On 5/19/2020 at 6:20 AM, Mainecoons said:

"Let them eat cake."

Another constantly misused quote. She did say let them eat cake, but this was meant to be a compressed corn cake, often used to premium feed horses. I am sure it could be boiled into a nutritious gruel.

Like saying let them eat corn tortillas rather than oven baked bread.