Chapala.com Webboard

Friskies Pate Cat Food

Have you called around to other pet stores? Try Pet Care in Riberas, the big pet store across from Farmacia Guadalajara in Chapala (name?) and DanVet by Soriana. I haven't looked for specific cat foods but they all seem to have a big selection.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Any idea where to find this or something very similar?  The cat shelter next to the vet used to sell it but hasn't for a long time.  Now just selling that very inferior Whiskas brand.

No, they won't touch raw food.  Tried that.

Thanks!

The pet store in Riberas was carrying it, comes from the states.

Just now, luvsdawgs said:

The pet store in Riberas was carrying it, comes from the states.

Yeah, if you are referring to where the cat shelter is we used to buy it there.  But they stopped carrying it quite a while back and we didn't see it on subsequent visits.  But we haven't checked lately, I'll do that.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

5 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Yeah, if you are referring to where the cat shelter is we used to buy it there.  But they stopped carrying it quite a while back and we didn't see it on subsequent visits.  But we haven't checked lately, I'll do that.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

No, no, no. The Pet Care store in Riberas, not the Friends of Animals pet store. It is further east. Two separate and distinct businesses.

23 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

If Dr. José can't get Friskies, try FELIX (made by Purina)...... best way to buy is in 6-packs-..... all are Pate... 2 of each flavor.  My cats LOVE it, even the fussiest ones.

Agree Whiskas is awful and totally rejected by the felines who rule this house

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Natasha said:

If Dr. José can't get Friskies, try FELIX (made by Purina)...... best way to buy is in 6-packs-..... all are Pate... 2 of each flavor.  My cats LOVE it, even the fussiest ones.

Agree Whiskas is awful and totally rejected by the felines who rule this house

Thank you so much.  Who is Dr. Jose?

Glad you understand who rules the house.  Same here.

23 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Thank you so much.  Who is Dr. Jose?

Glad you understand who rules the house.  Same here.

He's the veterinarian who owns/ runs the Pet Place referenced above  by Mtn Mama etc.

As for the other...... Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as Gods.  They have NEVER forgotten this    😻

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Natasha said:

He's the veterinarian who owns/ runs the Pet Place referenced above  by Mtn Mama etc.

As for the other...... Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as Gods.  They have NEVER forgotten this    😻

Jose is not a vet, he is a businessman whose wife did go to school and got a diploma but has never practiced.

Agree with you MtnMama.  I've witnessed him doing procedures (not on our pets) and it's always been our understanding he did go to vet school, but like many other people who do that, elected to work as sales rep for a distributor of pet products out of Guad for a few years before opening the Pet Place.

Found the Felix at that big pet store in Chapala just past the Farmacia GDL.  Now we'll see if "Mister Picky" will eat it.  We're convinced he is reincarnated from one of those cats that was worshiped as a god.  :D 

Thank you all for the great responses to my question.