Chapala.com Webboard

ILOX question

1 hour ago, John Shrall said:

And until ILOX fixes whatever is wrong with their VOIP do not port your Telmex number over. You can use the VOIP port on their modem with the 376-109-xxxx number they assign you if you want to check it out.

I agree...the internet is great...$599 for almost 100 download almost constant...Phone SUCKS! It took me over 2 months and many trips and Novelas with Telmex to get the phone re-ported. Under $200 a month for good (almost) phone service is worth it. Just tell Ilox that you want the internet only...even if they offer the phone service for free!

3 hours ago, heidinrick said:

I'm finally making the switch to Ilox internet! My questikn is does the modem have to be plugged into a phone jack or, can it be placed anywhere? Thanking you in advance.

Rick

The iLOX fiber does NOT use phone wiring so would have nothing to do with where you phone jacks are located. You will have a fiber strand brought into the house to wherever you wish your modem... and hardwired computer.... to be located. 

• Like 1