Chapala.com Webboard

A standard business model, Lakeside and everywhere. Don't be surprised.

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

Unfortunate that some businesses lakeside that cater to the foreign community are way overpriced. More unfortunate that people continue to use them. Best way is vote with your feet and go elsewhere. And let them know that you did it. 

It seems to me that the people who frequent “overpriced” businesses are the people who can A. afford to and B. believe the higher cost is worth it to them. Those who can not afford the higher prices or do not believe the added cost is worth it have plenty of other options. People know they vote with their wallets and that they can choose the lower cost options. They are choosing not to. 

<edited to remove last three words which were unnecessary.>

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Xena said:

It seems to me that the people who frequent “overpriced” businesses are the people who can A. afford to and B. believe the higher cost is worth it to them. Those who can not afford the higher prices or do not believe the added cost is worth it have plenty of other options. People know they vote with their wallets and that they can choose the lower cost options. They are choosing not to. Get over it. 

I am way over it.  No need to make a personal attack or insults

You and I are entitled to opinions I would never insult you based on your opinion

OP was stating how his vet has raised prices. Having an extensive Mexican family I  know who overcharges and who doesn't. Just stating facts.  

If you want to pay more it is your option. 

23 minutes ago, Xena said:

How much would you charge to clean a dog’s teeth? 

per tooth? how many teeth do they have?

• Haha 1

Just now, Mostlylost said:

I am way over it.  No need to make a personal attack or insults

You and I are entitled to opinions I would never insult you based on your opinion

OP was stating how his vet has raised prices. Having an extensive Mexican family I  know who overcharges and who doesn't. Just stating facts.  

If you want to pay more it is your option. 

Please point out the “personal attack” or “insult.” I honestly see neither. I expressed my opinion about your opinion. I explained the basis of my opinion. I did not disagree with you about some businesses charging more because of the larger foreign population. I did not say it was right or fair or good. I do not need an “extensive Mexican family” to know who “overcharges.” Most of all, I did not say where I shop or which vet I go to. You have no idea what I pay for goods and services. Why jump to the conclusion that because I understand why people pay more that I am one of them?

3 minutes ago, Xena said:

Please point out the “personal attack” or “insult.” I honestly see neither. I expressed my opinion about your opinion. I explained the basis of my opinion. I did not disagree with you about some businesses charging more because of the larger foreign population. I did not say it was right or fair or good. I do not need an “extensive Mexican family” to know who “overcharges.” Most of all, I did not say where I shop or which vet I go to. You have no idea what I pay for goods and services. Why jump to the conclusion that because I understand why people pay more that I am one of them?

" GET OVER IT"  

And at no time did I quote or mention you in my post that you quoted telling me to "get over it" 

It is certainly correct that I have no idea what you do or pay, and I made no comment about you in my post. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, flummoxed said:

Yeah, I think the "get over it" part is what he reacted to.

Well, it is my opinion that we’d all be better off if we stopped judging how other people spend their money. But, point taken. I will remove the offending sentence. Thank you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

" GET OVER IT"  

And at no time did I quote or mention you in my post that you quoted telling me to "get over it" 

It is certainly correct that I have no idea what you do or pay, and I made no comment about you in my post. 

Who were you talking to when you quoted my post and in your response to me said, “If you want to pay more it is your option“? Do you understand how I might think you were talking to me since you were, well, talking to me at the time? If you were not addressing me in the last sentence you would have said,  “If  people want to pay more it is their option.”

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bdmowers said:

per tooth? how many teeth do they have?

That isn't really a joke. I knew someone decades ago that went to have his teeth cleaned. There was an advertised price. He literally had only about half of his teeth left. He asked for a discount since it was less work for the dentist. He got 40% off. This was in the U.S.

• Haha 1

It looks like the Hernandez Brothers are putting in an econo box housing project just to the east of Los Sabinos. Sadly these buyers will not have support programs to assist them.  Any emergency event will put them in distress. In the past the smaller more intimate village did fund raisers to assist others. In the bigger less personal picture these events won't happen/ be supported.

• Confused 4

12 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

It looks like the Hernandez Brothers are putting in an econo box housing project just to the east of Los Sabinos. Sadly these buyers will not have support programs to assist them.  Any emergency event will put them in distress. In the past the smaller more intimate village did fund raisers to assist others. In the bigger less personal picture these events won't happen/ be supported.

Harry your post sounds a bit disconnected/rambling .

Also can you please share details  with us/me the details of this econo-box project...maybe the entry level housing I am looking for now that Ajijic has become a high end location (or was until the Pandemic)