Chapala.com Webboard

Farmacia Similares

36 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

NO, it may be generic or simply similar, therefore check if a similar med will do the job according to your doctor, and most importantly in alleviating your symptoms. BTW, I purchased brand name meds for Merck, same medication and chemical composition, one price lower than the other. It caused problems, when I showed the Doctor the package, I was told, yes same drug, however the variation of dose in the higher priced item is closer to the recommend and posted dose. I switched and alleviated the problem. I still have a difficult time understanding how this can be, but it is! Pharmacology is a very complex topic and what you don't know will hurt you.

See my post above.

I worked in the chemical industry for a while and hold a few patents. Patents can of different types; process, application, or composition of matter for example. So for a given pharmaceutical you could have one or several patents covering how the active ingredient is made, what it is used to treat, and how it is compounded or delivered  to make it work properly. There is a lot of art in disguising from your competitors what you are marketing by claiming broad ranges of materials that may or may not actually be in the product in the market. This is an oversimplification but I think you can get the idea🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2020 at 7:40 AM, desafinada said:

As a regular client, they are there and were open yesterday.

You are right; thanks for the correction! Didn't make sense to me that it was gone. I think I was blinded by the new Frutería signage next door.