Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex sign closed until Monday

My property manager who is a Mexican national and has been doing this type or work for years, was also surprised  when she dropped by the local Telmex office today only to find it was closed. The local cable company was open as were other operations of this type.

3 hours ago, kimanjome said:

My husband went to Telmex today, Monday the 18 May, and it is still closed. Bill is due in 4 days. Walmart says they no longer are taking payments.

Any suggestions?

OXXO, 7-11, Farmacia Guadalajara, Soriana...

• I was there Monday and asked the security guard outside why it was closed.  He said it was because of CV.  Hmm...  I paid my previous bill there only 2-3 weeks ago.  He also said many Telmex offices are closed (??) but that you could pay at Oxxo.  So I went over there and it is certainly no safer for the customer - people standing too close together, employee's mask slipping off her face...   The Telmex office hasn't been crowded for years, there is plenty of space inside so WTF?   I wonder if someone there tested positive for CV and maybe they had to do a very thorough cleaning.  Who knows?  Sounds fishy to me.

B

2 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Paying online either on their website, their app, or as I do, through the Bancomer app where the pesos come directly out of my account is so much less hassle than running around town.

Why expose yourself to the virus to pay a bill?

Because some people, even with smart phones, are living in the edad de picapiedras.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Paying online either on their website, their app, or as I do, through the Bancomer app where the pesos come directly out of my account is so much less hassle than running around town.

You cant believe the people running around with nothing to do, its as typical month of May, they are bored have nothing to do and go from business to business doing a whole lot of nothing. I guess there are a lot of people who find going to pay their bills in person kills some time.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

1.  Not everyone can do this.

2.  Because fresh air and sunshine and exercise is much better than living in fear huddled at home.

• Like 2

Our phone has been out for a month.  Three work orders later and nothing has changed.  We went to the Telephone Company this morning (I had not read the thread at that time) and it says they will open next Monday).  So we just keep paying for a service we haven't received for more than a month!

• Sad 1

Stick your apps and googaws.  My wife and I actually go out of the house. My wife is fortunately more physically able and goes to the market everyday and other places from time to time. I suspect we are much happier than you self imposed hermits and your tech crap. Yes we are still cautious so lecturing me is a wasted use of your computer keyboard. Sometime this week I am going to get my 2 drivers license renewals. Try that with yer apps.-SNORK!

pedro kertesz

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

2.  Because fresh air and sunshine and exercise is much better than living in fear huddled at home.

Absolutely right.  Staying home all the time not good for one's health. 

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Anyone with a credit card or debit card and an internet connection can pay Telmex on line.  I've been doing it for over 10 years. 

Getting out in the sunshine and walking around doesn't require going to pay a bill. I walked 8km yesterday without entering any shops.

Maybe some people think driving to, parking, standing on line to pay a bill is enjoyable .. maybe..

1 hour ago, JKL said:

Our phone has been out for a month.  Three work orders later and nothing has changed.  We went to the Telephone Company this morning (I had not read the thread at that time) and it says they will open next Monday).  So we just keep paying for a service we haven't received for more than a month!

Have you contacted Telmex at 800 123-2222  to complain again?  Going to the office here is not the way to do it.

• 1 month later...

Well, I am one of those who cannot pay the bill online.

Somewhere, somehow, the online app of TelMex has decided we are no longer real people, has stopped sending a paper bill,  and will not let us sign in online, as we have done before.

I have called the Customer Support people who walked me through the exact same things I did before, and when it didn't work, the suggested I go to the office to clear it up. I did this 2x, just to be sure, once in Spanish and once in English.

So, last month, off I went to the office. This now requires a cab ride, since the bus is not an option as it usually is and I am too old to walk that far into town.

Office was closed. I paid at the machine, but the charges were more than usual, and there is no one to talk to there. Looks like the same thing is going to happen this month. 

I had no problem with the machine. It works fine. Social distancing wasn't a problem, because i asked the person behind me to step back. 

Sometimes one just needs to do things in person.

• Like 2

Ilox may be bad but Telmex is CLOSED in Ajijic but open in every other place in Jalisco . I have no idea why Telmex is not open in our area for so long as we have had the lowest COVID problems than anywhere else in Jalisco, at least this part of Jalisco. Anyone know what is going on here. All other cable companies are working. They have been closed for at least 2 months now.

Well you may think that way if you like but if opening bars and party spots are less likely to spread COVID than opening Telmex doesn't take much common sense to know that's not so. The reason for them still being closed is they are deemed non essential but bars and Parties are so, people who have no phones cannot get in touch with emergency services.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, glws7777 said:

Well you may think that way if you like but if opening bars and party spots are less likely to spread COVID than opening Telmex doesn't take much common sense to know that's not so. The reason for them still being closed is they are deemed non essential but bars and Parties are so, people who have no phones cannot get in touch with emergency services.

Statements about possible contact transmission are true,

All the Telmex  services are available online and/or by phone. Telmex doesn't have offices in most small towns like Tuxcueca, San Luis Soyatlan, Mazamitla, Jocotepec, etc., but the people have phones. 

• Like 1