Chapala.com Webboard

Alcohol Poisonings

1 hour ago, pappysmarket said:

Is that the same stuff that they used to sell on the streets just outside of Tequila?

"My brother works at the distillery and he gets some real cheap and we pass the savings onto you".

No. It is made from sugar cane.     

Cheap awful tequila that is sold in 4 liter plastic jugs can be found for  he ultra cheap or those lacking of taste buds on the highways surrounding tequila. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

The people that buy that stuff don’t buy legal alcohol,  they buy the cheap stuff of the streets which has been readily available for years..  This just happened to be a bad batch...

That's very cute, but it ignores the principle of supply and demand. I.e., more people are seeking out this hooch because commercial booze has been limited. Ergo, the distillers have a profit motive to increase their supply at the expense of quality and safety. Also, it's reasonable to surmise that unqualified distillers have been incentivized into production. They may not even know basic principles or distillation or how to apply them (e.g., head, hearts, and tails). Lastly, it would be quite a coincidence that all of these poisonings just happened to occur simultaneously with an alcohol ban.

But, no worries, let's just continue to let people die for the questionable cause of moral righteousness.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Sorn said:

That's very cute, but it ignores the principle of supply and demand. I.e., more people are seeking out this hooch because commercial booze has been limited. Ergo, the distillers have a profit motive to increase their supply at the expense of quality and safety. Also, it's reasonable to surmise that unqualified distillers have been incentivized into production. They may not even know basic principles or distillation or how to apply them (e.g., head, hearts, and tails). Lastly, it would be quite a coincidence that all of these poisonings just happened to occur simultaneously with an alcohol ban.

But, no worries, let's just continue to let people die for the questionable cause of moral righteousness.

The people drinking this have always had it and not commercial booze. This happened because it was bad and not because of what it is. The grain alcohol has always been used in that raw milk with alcohol drink they have in the morning. The ban on the sale of liquor had nothing to do with this, the people would not have bought the "expensive" stuff, it is not their way.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

The people drinking this have always had it and not commercial booze. This happened because it was bad and not because of what it is. The grain alcohol has always been used in that raw milk with alcohol drink they have in the morning. The ban on the sale of liquor had nothing to do with this, the people would not have bought the "expensive" stuff, it is not their way.

One can get "cheap" stough in a liquor store that ain't going to kill you. You don't know the habits of people who are dying all over the place,since the closing of the beer plants  and stores that sell liquor and/or beer -now do you?

pedro kertesz

29 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

One can get "cheap" stough in a liquor store that ain't going to kill you. You don't know the habits of people who are dying all over the place,since the closing of the beer plants  and stores that sell liquor and/or beer -now do you?

pedro kertesz

I don’t what “stough ” is from a liquor store but I’m betting It’s not like the booze you can buy on the streets, that is high alcohol content booze, after drinking that booze store bought liquor wouldn’t even fizz on you...

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

I don’t what “stough ” is from a liquor store but I’m betting It’s not like the booze you can buy on the streets, that is high alcohol content booze, after drinking that booze store bought liquor wouldn’t even fizz on you...

Some of you implicate that it is only the chronic users and nobody else that has been killed by this swill. All of a sudden many deaths all over since  the ban on legit stough. Coincidence? I  am one who thinks not.

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

pedro kertesz

What is "stough"? Do you perhaps mean stuff? According to both the internet and the paper, this alcohol is something which many  use on a regular basis. This cane alcohol is used in the drink made from raw cow's milk in the morning as well as in punches at parties. The cane alcohol can be bought in many places including liquor stores. The people are not dying due to the closings but due to impure cane alcohol. BTW, there were many who died from commercial alcohol a few years back in Cancun. No closings then.

26 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I thought many people die every day from Alcohol Poisoning...they are called alcoholics, ............sad but I guess there are many NOB "social drinkers" at Lakeside with the "problem" and you see them every party you attend or at the Legion(s)

“Many” people die every day from alcohol poisoning? Are you speaking of Lakeside, Jalisco, Mexico, the U.S., Canada, or world wide? 

Yet another funeral procession just passed by my house.  I think there's been one every day this week.  Instead of bickering can we all be mindful of the fact that too many of our neighbors lost their lives this week?  They deserve better than the bs contained in this thread.  May they all Rest In Peace.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

PLEASE do not classify these young people who dead as all alcoholics.  This is a Mexican tradition, they stop on their way to work and get a glass of milk fresh from the cow add a little chocolate or coffee and some alcohol.  Then set around and talk with their friends before they go to work.  PLEASE  do not shame their lives by calling them alcoholics.  They are hard working people following a harmless tradition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Kyle said:

PLEASE do not classify these young people who dead as all alcoholics.  This is a Mexican tradition, they stop on their way to work and get a glass of milk fresh from the cow add a little chocolate or coffee and some alcohol.  Then set around and talk with their friends before they go to work.  PLEASE  do not shame their lives by calling them alcoholics.  They are hard working people following a harmless tradition.

That observation reminds of the stories about guys in Detroit who before starting their morning shift would stop by their favorite bar's for "breakfast"...tradition or "problem"...Tradition in MX a Problem in Detroit...Drinking quarts of Coke a day , a tradition or problem?....Drinking unpasteurized milk every day, a Tradition or Problem??

Because you choose to iditify certain Traditions as excusable..... does not mean it is not a Problem

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2