Chapala.com Webboard

Nutritional supplements from USA - need "sanitation license?"

I shipped nutritional supplements from the USA to my address in Mexico via FedEx. They were stopped and held in Toluca, Mexico. They told me I must have a "sanitation license" from the Ministry of Health to receive supplements. Otherwise, they said without the license I have to ship the package back to the sender or they will destroy it.

Does anyone know how I can get my package cleared, so I can receive it in Mexico?

Thank you!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 5/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, lhgarrett said:

I shipped nutritional supplements from the USA to my address in Mexico via FedEx. They were stopped and held in Toluca, Mexico. They told me I must have a "sanitation license" from the Ministry of Health to receive supplements. Otherwise, they said without the license I have to ship the package back to the sender or they will destroy it.

Does anyone know how I can get my package cleared, so I can receive it in Mexico?

Thank you!!!!

How did this work out for you? I've never had supplements shipped from the US to MX but am considering it. It seems though that it's not working as well as it used to for those who have done it in the past. Thanks.

Actually dietary supplements, medicine, medical devises, creams, ointments etc. are all prohibited without an import license. Do some packages get through... of course. Aduana does not physically inspect every package.  If they do discover it they will ask you for your import license. If you don't have one they destroy the  package..

5 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

If they do discover it they will ask you for your import license. If you don't have one they destroy the  package..

More likely take it home when use it themselves.

Just my opinion.

Immunotec mexico is having good vitamins, they push for Immunocal which I have been using with great success, you might want to check out their web site. Shipping is done via UPS and its all very reliable.

Do your homework before buying.  For example all the magnesium you can buy locally is in the form of magnesium oxide which is close to impossible for the body to digest.  Better forms of Vitamin C than what is sold locally is another example but Acido ascoribico is better than no vitamin C. Mostly it gets peed out unless you get it in an IV.  More money is wasted on bad supplements. Good luck figuring all this out.

In truth according to many nutritionists most money spent on supplements is wasted. For years the supplement industry has spent time and money promoting their products. Sometimes as "miracle cures"      Note required by law in USA  These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please, consult your physician.

Fortunately we live  in a place where fresh fruit and vegetables are inexpensive and available year round. A balanced diet does wonders. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lcscats said:

Do your homework before buying.  For example all the magnesium you can buy locally is in the form of magnesium oxide which is close to impossible for the body to digest.  Better forms of Vitamin C than what is sold locally is another example but Acido ascoribico is better than no vitamin C. Mostly it gets peed out unless you get it in an IV.  More money is wasted on bad supplements. Good luck figuring all this out.

This is why I prefer getting the supplements I use from NOB - I pay less for better quality. The problem is getting them here.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:19 PM, lhgarrett said:

Thank you!!!!

When I am not going to US or have any friends coming down, I just bite the bullet and pay more on Mercado Libre but get free shipping. 

Last week I bought Zinc and Selenium delivered in two days

On 6/17/2020 at 12:08 PM, lcscats said:

Obviously you haven't been to every source of magnesium Lakeside.  I take magnesium gluconate sourced locally.

On 6/24/2020 at 10:04 PM, Yo1 said:

Maskaras Farmacia next to the old clinic.  Just ask them to order whatever you want.  They stock it now.

This pharmacy has moved closer to the new hospital, its now situated on the Carretera in front of the entrance of the Chula Vista Colonos Office. They continue to be the best for price and service.

On 6/17/2020 at 2:24 PM, Frijoles said:

This is why I prefer getting the supplements I use from NOB - I pay less for better quality. The problem is getting them here.

After many year living her I forget about getting any Pharma or Vitamins from the US, all is available here and only few meds need a prescription, I love the freedom of doing it my way than being told by government what I must do.

22 minutes ago, joco69 said:

This pharmacy has moved closer to the new hospital, its now situated on the Carretera in front of the entrance of the Chula Vista Colonos Office. They continue to be the best for price and service.

The main store is still at the location by the old clinic, what you are describing is a second, smaller facility.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 11:38 AM, slainte39 said:

The main store is still at the location by the old clinic, what you are describing is a second, smaller facility.

Thanks but I am gladly avoid the Ribeiras store for parking reasons. By the way the new store also houses GOLab in the back, much cheaper than Chopo.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, joco69 said:

Thanks but I am gladly avoid the Ribeiras store for parking reasons. By the way the new store also houses GOLab in the back, much cheaper than Chopo.

No, the Go Lab is still at the old location in Riberas.  They will take the muestras at the new store in SAT and carry them to Riberas for the lab work.