Chapala.com Webboard

Thurs.Alfaro will Present plan to Reactivate Economy

Jalisco manufacturing industries will be the first to return, anticipates governor

No later than Thursday they will present the details of the state plan to reactivate the economic sectors; anticipated that the activities will return adapting to protocols and prevention measures.

The companies in the secondary sector (manufacturing) and the agro-industries, which stopped their production due to the health contingency, will be among the first to re-operate in the State; the governor advanced. He reported that no later than Thursday he will present the details of the state plan to reactivate the economic sectors and anticipated that the activities will return to adapt to protocols and prevention measures.

The head of the state executive branch explained that the plan includes a calendar with different phases that will define how and when the various sectors of the state economy will operate again.

“We are not discovering the black thread either, it has been said that due to the greater margin of supervision of its operation, it must start with industry, the secondary sector, and the primary sector as well, agribusiness and the countryside; They are going to have important advances. What is going to take the longest is the issue of tourism, paradoxically one of the sectors in which we are going to have the most economic damage is the one that will take the longest to reactivate, ”he explained.The state president explained that as part of that plan it is contemplated to apply special measures for mothers and fathers, with children of school age , because the minors will remain at home with the determination to close the school year at a distance. He added that they also review the issue of nurseries and how they will operate again.

https://www.informador.mx/economia/Industrias-manufactureras-de-Jalisco-seran-las-primeras-en-volver-anticipa-gobernador-20200511-0083.html

In order to curb the contagion of COVID -19 in Jalisco it was made compulsory isolation and the use of masks Federal provisions such as closing non-essential businesses were also followed. However, the reopening of these will not be from one day to the next but gradual. 

According to the estimates of the Metropolitan Representation and Reaction Model (Replication) of the University of Guadalajara (UdeG), if current conditions are maintained in the control of the pandemic, reopening all economic sectors could take at least five months in the state.  

https://www.informador.mx/economia/Preve-UdeG-apertura-economica-total-en-5-meses-20200511-0012.html

Then you do not understand the history and character of the Mexican people. AMLO talked about this at the beginning of all these troubles. In times of crisis they come together, work together, solve problems, make a bloody revolution if absolutely necessary- always have done, always will do so. He was criticized by outsiders, but delighted and unified most Mexicans, especially his many supporters.

There are no doubt many in Mexico who live a marginalized existence, just hanging on by their fingernails. Artisans, tradespeople, taxi drivers, domestic workers, often relying on the milk of human kindness, especially in this part of the world, and Puerto Vallarta, on foreigner flavored milk. If this dries up, they are going to fall. But my God, no one is going to die of poverty, which I assume is meant to be starvation! It would be equally ridiculous to assume starvation in the U.S.A. or Canada.

Chillin, I have an offer for you. I would like you to come to my neighborhood (Cascada/Santa Maria, Chapala) and make a public presentation of your views. I will provide the stage and will make sure all are aware of your presentation. What I will not provide is security................. 

• Haha 2

Maybe the gov't could start employing people to repair and upgrade the infrastructure .  Roads, water and sewer lines, solar and wind energy etc. we know this is badly needed

maybe we don't need so many restaurants and hospitality services.  Don't need to go back to the old "normal". Make a new better normal

• Like 2

AMLO's press conference this morning outlined the federal plan called "Return to New Normalcy,",to be executed in three phases and following a red, orange, yellow, green light system to slowly reintroduce health, transport, work, school, and social activity. Each state government will work within this structure to develop more in-depth guidelines for their municipalities. The health minister clarified there is no simultaneous reopening--the feds will update weekly, by geographic region, a phased-in process to reopen. If an area increases in number of infections, their steps will be backward, rather than forward. Reminiscent of the elementary-school game of "Mother, May I?"

image.png.78a138603f9e737ac5cead32952c8e72.png

• Like 1