Chapala.com Webboard

LATEST ON CORONA VIRUS

And to add another question to above post, having gleaned knowledge from all existing cases, can they make some kind of medical treatment, i.e. shot or drug, that helps mitigate the symptoms and overall severity of the disease?

47 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

I tried to find this information but many have a habit of posting lengthy articles that never answer my question. The question is if you contract the virus and luckily do not die of it and recover are you then immune ? (a yes or no would be great).

How about "That's the question everyone is asking and the answer is far from being known at this time".

Sorry unable to answer yes or no.

4 minutes ago, LifeNo5 said:

And to add another question to above post, having gleaned knowledge from all existing cases, can they make some kind of medical treatment, i.e. shot or drug, that helps mitigate the symptoms and overall severity of the disease?

That's another question everyone wants the answer to and the answer is the same...nothing for sure is known by anyone. Lots of "opinions" but trials have not been completed as of now.

No one is touting bleach that is made up fake news.  The malaria drug was released by the FDA for off label use for this purpose and there are numerous reports of success from doctors all over the world.  However it is critical to use it in combination with an antibiotic and zinc very early in the process for the best results.

Remdesivir is very very expensive and in short supply.  We had better hope that is not the only option.

I saw something about an experimental plasma treatment yielding results but only on a very limited basis.

A lot closer to home:

The economic crisis that COVID-19 has left is already reflected in the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area (AMG) since at least three out of 10 people surveyed by telephone by the organization Jalisco How We Go lost their jobs.

This second survey of perception and experience of the AMG population around COVID-19 , was carried out between May 1 and 4.

Unlike the first one (between April 10 and 13), the economy stands out as the main crisis left by the virus, with 55% of respondents responding to this option. Even more than the same health with three out of 10 people.

According to Yasodhara Silva, researcher at ITESO and part of the Demokópica Mexico polling firm, this growth in concern in the economic area, mainly among the informal sector, also caused a drop in the acceptance of the measures taken by governments federal and state contingency.

For his part, Victor Manuel Gonzalez Romero, researcher at the University of Guadalajara (UdeG), indicated that the economic part will become increasingly important in the suffering of citizens, because if there are few data on the health side and knowledge, in economics there is less.

"How do we know how many are really losing their jobs if we can only count the formal sector registered in the IMSS? At this stage we are more blind in the economic part than in the health part, "he said.

He added that this lack of data adds that governments have to make decisions and the problem of not having the information is that "decisions can cost a lot."

He stressed that, contrary to the first survey, fewer people stayed at home the whole time: it went from four in 10 to three.

In addition, Eduardo Rodríguez Noriega, chief of infectology at the Civil Hospital "Fray Antonio Alcalde", stressed that, being a new disease, the list of symptoms is growing.

This may affect the results, since in the second survey there were fewer people with the main symptoms of the disease (such as cough and fever).

On the other hand, the percentage of the supports provided by the federal, state, municipal government, civil society organizations, the UdeG and even neighbors has been minimal, since a maximum of 3% of the surveyed population received some .

However, Francisco Núñez de la Peña, researcher at ITESO, pointed out that, although they seem few, they are not and there can be no more support. They could not even reach 10% of the population.

https://www.informador.mx/jalisco/Tres-de-cada-10-personas-pierden-su-empleo-por-COVID-19-en-AMG-Jalisco-Como-Vamos-20200514-0100.html

3 minutes ago, Ida Slapter said:

Pffft!

giliad is currently providing remdesivir for free.  I am sure that at some time they will charge for it but are not currently.  I know this because I own stock in Gilead and keep up with their news releases.  My stock portfolio will be happy when they do charge because their stock price is flat and has been for some time.

as for the bleach well maybe it was fish tank cleaner, I can’t remember but that guy from nob was talking about injecting some kind of cleaner into people and it would wipe the virus out in seconds.  I don’t know because I am certainly no expert on the subject.

i will stick to martinis 🍸.  Vodka not gin and two olives.

Fish tank cleaner was some stupid woman in AZ who is now being investigated for murder.  As for the rest, just go read the full transcript.

Gin just makes me happy and then drunk,  :D 

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

I tried to find this information but many have a habit of posting lengthy articles that never answer my question. The question is if you contract the virus and luckily do not die of it and recover are you then immune ? (a yes or no would be great).

The answer (depending on what you read where) appears to be yes, no, and maybe. Pick the answer you like.

• Like 2

Ok I will pick yes 😊

Now on another note, I only got the yearly flu shot many years ago. From memory, if I came down with the flu it would only happen once in  a season. So is it not reasonable to say that I was immune for that particular strand ?

Thanks for your comments above.

2 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

21 minutes ago, Xena said:

The answer (depending on what you read where) appears to be yes, no, and maybe. Pick the answer you like.

I did some searches Zena and you are correct. This bugger is a doozy...

2 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

Ok I will pick yes 😊

Now on another note, I only got the yearly flu shot many years ago. From memory, if I came down with the flu it would only happen once in  a season. So is it not reasonable to say that I was immune for that particular strand ?

Thanks for your comments above.

Please report back if you get infected with CV, luckily survive, and then are exposed to it again. It won't be definitive but we can all know anecdotally.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Reported on the Universidad National Autonoma de Mexico Covid tracker   https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/f0f10e692a814fd8aa8afc7f8575f5d2

Casos Activos
En Jalisco el municipio Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos presenta 1 casos activos, 1 casos acumulados

Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos tiene una población de 59,970 habitantes.

Reported by El Informador 

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE) received 2,000 Philips brand ventilators from Chicago, which were specifically designed to treat COVID-19 cases in the country.

The fans, model E30, were donated to the health sector by the Alberto Bailleres Foundation , Grupo México, IENOVA IUSA Bimbo , Televisa and MasterCard through the Fundación Juntos por la Salud.

2 minutes ago, RVGRINGO said:

Ventilators, in English. Not "fans".

I didn't do the translation   in the highlighted area only the first paragraph.  

What was important to me was that Alberto Bailleres, one of the richest men in Mexico, donated them. Maybe we will see a rival  Fundación Azteca owned by Ricardo Benjamín Salinas Pliego   jump in with more than just food packages