Chapala.com Webboard

LATEST ON CORONA VIRUS

On 5/12/2020 at 7:56 AM, Mainecoons said:

Is protecting the few at the expense of the many a viable long term strategy?

Oh well, as you continue to postulate, let's just kill all the old people then, and get back to the old normal, right?    All will be well.    

Check those last wills and testaments folks.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBee said:

What is the difference between a will and a testament ? 

From a Google search;

A Will and a Testament used to be two different documents.

A Will dealt only with real property (land).

A Testament dealt only with personal property (chattels)… like household goods, monies or vehicles.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

I admit that I am confused by Dra Lupita testing results. If the results were negative how can she be a carrier ? Not sure what a IgG antibodies test is, but just from the back of my head does your immune system not produce some type of fight when in contact with any kind of disease ?

Or am I missing the point of this article and should be reading yes there is at least one Covid-19 case confirmed in the lakeside area. (the Texan)

Maybe a False Positive result?

30 % of the negative resutlts are incorrect , as someone mentioned it is very rare to get a positive result that is incorrect. My brother was tested twice in the month he fought the virus and was negative twice and still died of the virus.. So much for the great testing..

Jalisco out of lockdown on Monday The state economic team held a press conference late today with the decision “Jalisco—all or none.” So, They are going to try to reopen all 125 municipalities of the state on Monday, May 18. There’s limits and conditions…seniors and high-risk groups are to continue to isolate, but their participation wasn’t specifically forbidden. It’s a language thing-- “should not”vs. “shall not.” And remember AMLO said the morning that nobody is being forced; he is counting on the good sense of the population to do the right thing. Apparently, our state officials are also hoping for our collective participation.

Distancing requirements for patrons and workers, regular monitoring, and not all businesses can reopen on Monday, 18 May.

Everybody needs to understand there will be more cases.  The CV is still very much here, the lock down just delayed the inevitable.  Absent a vaccine for many more months that only leaves herd immunity to eventually slow the thing down.

We members of the most vulnerable group are going to really have to sharpen up our game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HoneyBee said:

What is the difference between a will and a testament ? 

A will can also be simply a Living Will, to state one's preferences for care and treatment if incapacitated.

20 hours ago, MexLuis said:

You do not have antibodies for Covid-19 if you have not had the virus.  She spoke of her symptoms, and long treatment in detail.  Straight from her on her Facebook posts, and now in the Guad resporter. Believe what you want, but you must understand, Covid is here and spreading. The following (according to the Guad reporter, is the short version of what they plan to publish in the next edition. 

I am not here to convince you, for this is already beginning to sound like a ship of fools in listening to those who claim this is not present lakeside. Even when a reputable Doctor states what she went through, and that she had a Covid patient that was airlifted out to Texas.

It appears, if a person from Chapala/Ajjic, seeks help for testing or treatment, the numbers for Chapala will not reflect that person's test results or outcome.

Look at the Guad Reporter article:

Guadalajara Reporter Physician reports Covid-19 cases in Chapala Although official records show no confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the municipality of Chapala, a well-respected local doctor begs to differ, citing personal experience as both attending physician and patient of the disease. Dr. Lupita Cevallos, a general practitioner who has lived and worked at lakeside for the past 11 years, tells the Guadalajara Reporter that she had contact with a patient showing severe symptoms of SARS-Cov-2 infection on April 14. The person was airlifted to a Texas hospital where the diagnosis was confirmed 72 hours later, she says. Understanding the risks, Cevallos immediately put herself into self-isolation. She began feeling Covid-19 symptoms 10 days later. She says she has been tested for the disease twice since then. An oral PCR test applied at the Jocotepec Community Hospital on April 25 came back negative. A nasopharyngeal PCR test practiced three days later at an authorized private laboratory in Guadalajara was also negative, but Cevallos says a blood serum test for IgG antibodies suggested that she had been exposed to the disease and is not currently infectious. After recovering from her symptoms and regaining her strength, the doctor returned to work at her Integrity health clinic in Ajijic on Monday, May 11. She reports that her Covid-19 patient remains in intensive care in Texas. Through contact tracing she has determined that none of her other patients have contracted the disease. “People need to know that they can have the disease and still be negative in the tests. It is definitely happening in the area,” she concludes. (This is a summary of an extensive article to be published in the next edition of The Reporter.)

I am saying, and she has confirmed, SHE does not have the virus...GET OVER IT!!!

1 hour ago, jrod said:

Jalisco out of lockdown on Monday The state economic team held a press conference late today with the decision “Jalisco—all or none.” So, They are going to try to reopen all 125 municipalities of the state on Monday, May 18. There’s limits and conditions…seniors and high-risk groups are to continue to isolate, but their participation wasn’t specifically forbidden. It’s a language thing-- “should not”vs. “shall not.” And remember AMLO said the morning that nobody is being forced; he is counting on the good sense of the population to do the right thing. Apparently, our state officials are also hoping for our collective participation.

Distancing requirements for patrons and workers, regular monitoring, and not all businesses can reopen on Monday, 18 May.

Different than what federal govt said.  From El Informador today:  In Jalisco,  as announced by the federal government, when presenting the strategy of reopening activities to the health contingency by COVID-19.  

• Valle de Juárez
  • Mazamitla
  • Concepción de Buenos Aires
  • Teocuitatlán de Corona
  • Zacoalco de Torres
  • Techaluta de Montenegro
  • Atoyac
  • Amacueca
  • Tapalpa
  • Tonaya
  • Huejuquilla El Alto
  • Villa Guerrero.

40 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Different than what federal govt said.  From El Informador today:  In Jalisco,  as announced by the federal government, when presenting the strategy of reopening activities to the health contingency by COVID-19.  

• Valle de Juárez
  • Mazamitla
  • Concepción de Buenos Aires
  • Teocuitatlán de Corona
  • Zacoalco de Torres
  • Techaluta de Montenegro
  • Atoyac
  • Amacueca
  • Tapalpa
  • Tonaya
  • Huejuquilla El Alto
  • Villa Guerrero.

That was before 1 pm. Around 6 pm the state press conference said Jalisco would open all 125 municipalities--all or none--and gave timelines and restrictions. All explained at the federal health conference by López-Gatell at 7.  I'm personally surprised by the solidarity. And we are still predicted to peak June 13...a long way off, in contagion time.

Here's the link to the conference: 

13 hours ago, bmh said:

30 % of the negative resutlts are incorrect , as someone mentioned it is very rare to get a positive result that is incorrect. My brother was tested twice in the month he fought the virus and was negative twice and still died of the virus.. So much for the great testing..

False negatives is a big problem with these tests.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/false-negatives-raise-more-questions-about-virus-test-accuracy/ar-BB143341

14 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I am saying, and she has confirmed, SHE does not have the virus...GET OVER IT!!!

Correct she HAD the virus, as a result of the American passing it onto her, whom by the way is still hospitalized in critical condition, last we heard.

SHE HAS COVID-19 ANTIBODIES!!!  You do not show antibodies, unless you had it.

You can test a false negative for Covid, and you can test a false negative for antibodies, but that is not the topic of discussion here. 

I hope you have a great day in your version of Zero Count Lakeside... LOL.  Happy travels  ; )

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/new-investigation-suggests-death-toll-5-times-higher-than-reported-in-mexico-city/?fbclid=IwAR3hZl8XJORxWsSQfCkr__28G5rIx-1BNRQK3Bnx4VDbYVUl31sYQhcVIIM

NEW INVESTIGATION SUGGESTS DEATH TOLL 5 TIMES HIGHER THAN REPORTED.  Published on Wednesday, the report says that crematoriums in the capital have three-day backlogs of bodies as deaths surge in both Mexico City and neighboring México state.Sky said that an investigations team working in Mexico City gained access to morgues and storage rooms full of bodies, and they too indicate that the data presented by the federal Health Ministry at its nightly coronavirus press briefings is wrong. See above for complete article.

STANDS TO REASON, THAT THIS IS THE CASE WITH UNREPORTED DEATHS IN OUR AREA AS WELL.

I think that would be a bit difficult to miss here.  We are not Mexico City.

These huge densely populated cities are hazardous to the health of their occupants.  Look at NYC.  Out in the boondocks there's just less opportunity for it to spread.

One thing I find curious.  Do you remember those pictures of the crowded fish markets in GDL just before Easter?  Yet I don't see any big outbreak following that.  By contrast, that gathering of 75,000 in Mexico City was followed in due course by an upsurge in cases.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

So she had a relatively  mild case of it and got over it.  Not at all unusual.  Most people do.

It is pretty unlikely there is no presence of the virus locally IMO.

Thank goodness the Dra has recovered. The person (expat flown NOB)whom went to this Dra for help, was sent north is still hospitalized.

If you saw the detailed description that Doctor put online, you would not call that a relatively mild case.   The treatment was quite extensive as well for that Dra.  I hope none of us get that, especially those whom are older. 

• Like 1