Chapala.com Webboard

sources for masks?

Last Wed. at Ajijic tianguis there was a mask seller.  There wasn't much foot traffic at the tianguis and this seller's table was at the bottom of market, which now is just below Guadalupe Victoria.  

In Ajijic, I see signs outside residences advertising masks.  There is one on Independencia just west of Cinco de Mayo, aka Juarez.  There is another one on Ocampo near Cinco de Mayo also.  The signs come and go.

If you are unable to find one, please PM and I will give you a new-in-bag washable one.  I am in Centro Ajijic.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Upfront said:

my question would be where could I find light blue masks that are protective but thin unlike the cloth masks that have me suffocating.

I know what you mean about suffocating. The ones at Famacia Christina are the light blue ones that let you breath. 

2 hours ago, Floradude said:

I ordered some from Mercado Libre on April 1st .  They are still not here

A suggestion is that you cancel your order. Re-order from a merchant that has the green symbol of FULL. (you can modify your search on the left for only FULL results) Those items ship from Mercadolibre's warehouse and usually is 1 day to Chapala. I received a Saturday AM  purchase on Sunday about 1pm

Right now there is a huge problem with FedEx, Estafeta, and DHL because of the volume of deliveries. 

16 minutes ago, Upfront said:

only the frail white masks with manual ties at farm cristina.

I guess they sold out of the blue ones.  Hopefully they will order more.

This email just out from Alta Retina:, here is the relevant portion for masks:

A medical distributor is offering KN95 Masks, which have a filtration capacity of 95%, to our clinic at a fairly good price of 110 pesos, we have requested some boxes, so you can add to our order the ones you need, if you so wish. If you want, you can contact them directly on PH: 33 36140405 or put an order via. mail or With Nadia Alta Retina receptionist.

Some detail on this, as mentioned above, check the # on the mask or package, as apparently rated masks have to imprint it and some are being copied / falsified......

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chinese-masks-counterfeit-pandemic-covid-1.5568246

The CDC has warned that the TC number issued to the Shanghai Dasheng Co. for its masks — TC 84A-4329 — has been misappropriated by other Chinese makers seeking to sell substandard products in the U.S. market.