Chapala.com Webboard

Domestic Air Travel

National flights have no citizenship requirement.  If you are staying in Mexico now no problem.

If not  then the question is how to get to Tijuana.  Since tourism is suspended between the US and Mexico, you probably can not enter Mexico unless your are Mexican, or have a Residente Permante of Residente Temporal. 

That's a pretty over the top response to a simple question.  Take a deep breath and don't assume why the question was asked.

Paco I think if the airlines are booking seats, they are flying.  At least from here to Oaxaca Volaris isn't booking anything until next month.  Given how the goal posts keep moving I wouldn't have a lot of confidence about bookings even a month from now.

• Like 3

Local news here in the RGV reports restrictions at the border will end May 20th.

YMMV

PS  We go out for errands, etc. without fear but we do take precautions: masks, gloves and face shields. Chances of getting hit by a car or truck are probably higher than getting Covid-19.  You can find the face shields on Amazon for 2/$29.99. They aren't pretty but they work.

Tijuana-GDL and vice versa is my regular route to U.S.  My flight two weeks ago was cancelled  and when I went to look for a subsequent flight they were blocked into November.  That doesn't mean they aren't flying tomorrow--that was two weeks ago.  I believe if you are ticketed you can buy a Xborder Xpress ticket which allows you to enter the TJ airport via a pedestrian bridge and leave the same way when you return.  This avoids contact in hard hit Tijuana and is the easiest, quickest way across the international border.  

Even before all this happened the business model of the airlines was to fly packed airplanes so they could have lower fares which made it easy to pack airplanes.  As air travel resumes I expect they will only schedule enough flights to fly mostly full.

Y'all do what you want, we are staying strictly off airplanes and out of airports until there is a vaccine and we have it.  

Airlines claim they only make a profit at 80% of capacity and above. So unless there is a vaccine soon they will be out of business...unless the government decides not having airlines for the future is not acceptable and decides to bail them out, no interest loans or maybe nationalize them. They can't survive long term not filling that middle seat.