Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

If you think that the IRS does not have any bank account for you, you may want to go onto the "Get My Payment" website and see if it will let you enter an account.... even if it is a Mexican bank.

Although I was 'sure' that I would finally get the stimulus payment in my SS bank account, I went ahead and entered a bank account on the site anyway just to be safe.

YMMV

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/11/still-waiting-your-stimulus-check-you-have-until-12-pm-wednesday-give-irs-your-bank-information/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, RickS said:

If you think that the IRS does not have any bank account for you, you may want to go onto the "Get My Payment" website and see if it will let you enter an account.... even if it is a Mexican bank.

Although I was 'sure' that I would finally get the stimulus payment in my SS bank account, I went ahead and entered a bank account on the site anyway just to be safe.

YMMV

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/05/11/still-waiting-your-stimulus-check-you-have-until-12-pm-wednesday-give-irs-your-bank-information/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most

A wise move on your part.  I did the same a few weeks back and it now tells me my dollars will direct deposit on May 13.  We will see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many payments have been authorized at this point for SS beneficiaries? So far I have had 1 deposit a couple of weeks ago to my US account. (edited by Mod to remove political reference)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

How many payments have been authorized at this point for SS beneficiaries? So far I have had 1 deposit a couple of weeks ago to my US account. (edited by Mod to remove political reference)

Geeze , how many deposits do you want? (edited by mod to remove insulting personal reference)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

Geeze , how many deposits do you want? (edited by mod to remove insulting personal reference)

Why don't you mind your OWN business? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't seen anything yet.  Do they make a separate deposit for each person on the tax return or just one total deposit?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Menudo said:

A wise move on your part.  I did the same a few weeks back and it now tells me my dollars will direct deposit on May 13.  We will see!

I got the same... stating May 6th.... and it was indeed posted to my account on that day!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

We haven't seen anything yet.  Do they make a separate deposit for each person on the tax return or just one total deposit?

 

For us, just one total deposit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We file with the IRS, but have not had refunds or taxes due for many years. We both collect SS by direct deposit to a US bank.  However, it seems that the IRS is not using SS information, since we received a single paper check for $2400 in the US mail just a few days ago.

So, if our situation applies to you, it may take some time for a check to reach you by mail, in Mexico, if it ever does.  (We now live in the USA)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you that are still getting a message that they do not have correct information, be sure to enter your address in all CAPITAL LETTERS, it worked for me. Check was sent to my us address, I had it scanned and emailed to me, then I printed it and signed it and was able to deposit it through my Chase mobile app.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt that 'case' is going to make ANY difference. For example I did NOT use all caps and got mine "in due course". Now  something like making sure what you put in your info exactly as was used on your tax return.... typing "Boulevard" out and not just saying "Blvd" possibly can make a difference. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ea93105 said:

For those of you that are still getting a message that they do not have correct information, be sure to enter your address in all CAPITAL LETTERS, it worked for me. Check was sent to my us address, I had it scanned and emailed to me, then I printed it and signed it and was able to deposit it through my Chase mobile app.

 

 

 

 

Sorry Eric but all caps doesn’t help but using complete names and addresses will.  Mine is now scheduled for Wednesday.  Will update then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well even though we have used direct debit from our bank account for paying taxes for some years, and even though we filed 2019 before April 15 a check of the IRS site revealed they did not know where to send the money.

Thanks a ton to those who posted the IRS site and tomorrow's deadline for getting direct deposit.  Much appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even after all this trying to get an answer on the payment site, they have no information and say try again later.  This morning first thing it  said my tries had been used up for today--What??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

Even after all this trying to get an answer on the payment site, they have no information and say try again later.  This morning first thing it  said my tries had been used up for today--What??

That is because the website is only updated once a day at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

Even after all this trying to get an answer on the payment site, they have no information and say try again later.  This morning first thing it  said my tries had been used up for today--What??

That's probably to deter robot entries. If you have a spouse try using their info instead of yours. That may get you past the blockage.  May. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone that has a non resident spouse that does have a  SS number and receives SS payments,  received the payment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...