Chapala.com Webboard

Property blueprints

Hi everyone, 

We have a house in upper Chula Vista and are attempting to find its blueprints, because of a septic system issue on the property. I'm interested in knowing if you may be aware of ways blueprints for properties in this area can be found - for example, could the municipality keep copies of them, or something along that line. Any thoughts are welcome! FYI, we've already checked our local homeowner's association. 

Many thanks,

Susan

I am also a resident in Upper CV. A few years ago I got a copy of the blueprints for my home built in 2006, from the office. The plans did NOT show the location of the septic tank despite showing the lot bounaries and swimming pool.

It eventually cost $26,000  pesos to finally locate and clear a septic problem. An intake pipe had subsided and caused a bottleneck. The tank was  over 40 meters away in the opposite corner of the lot from where the waste pipe  ran down from the house. Like most homes here setic tanks don't have visible clean outs. 

I wish you good luck.

SunFan 

• Thanks 1

I have blueprints for my house (in a different frac), and the blueprints are incorrect with regard to the location of the sewage pipes (and don't even show the fosa). I ended up using Jose Martinez to find the blockage and the fosa.  He uses a camera on a cable in the pipes to estimate distance and direction.  Although that may only be moderately useful with a big lot and a long distance to the fosa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SunFan said:

I am also a resident in Upper CV. A few years ago I got a copy of the blueprints for my home built in 2006, from the office. The plans did NOT show the location of the septic tank despite showing the lot bounaries and swimming pool.

It eventually cost $26,000  pesos to finally locate and clear a septic problem. An intake pipe had subsided and caused a bottleneck. The tank was  over 40 meters away in the opposite corner of the lot from where the waste pipe  ran down from the house. Like most homes here setic tanks don't have visible clean outs. 

I wish you good luck.

SunFan 

Thanks so much SunFan :)

By office I gather you mean the homeowners association, but let me know if you had something else in mind. 

When I read your message, I was interested in 'how' you were finally able to find the septic tank location. The guys are out digging right now, and so far haven't found it. We are searching for the blueprints, but they might not be helpful as you found. Any thoughts are welcome of course. 

1 hour ago, Susan111 said:

Thanks so much SunFan :)

By office I gather you mean the homeowners association, but let me know if you had something else in mind. 

When I read your message, I was interested in 'how' you were finally able to find the septic tank location. The guys are out digging right now, and so far haven't found it. We are searching for the blueprints, but they might not be helpful as you found. Any thoughts are welcome of course. 

Lucy, the office manager for Chula Vista, can provide you with the file on your proerty. You may find lots of interesting goodies in there.

Because of the distance involved they couldn't use the camera until they got within range. They dug about six holes trying to trace the pipe, including breaking through concrete on the patio by the pool which they repaired. It took all day.

We were somewhat desperate and their price reflected it. We now have cleanouts to mark the two tanks.

SunFan 

• Thanks 1