Chapala.com Webboard

Roof sealant cost

Can someone give me an idea of what a 5 gallon bucket of the red roof sealant might cost? 

How many coats would a roof in pretty good shape need? 

Vague I know, but trying to get some idea of costs. 

TIA

48 minutes ago, Denver said:

Can someone give me an idea of what a 5 gallon bucket of the red roof sealant might cost? 

How many coats would a roof in pretty good shape need? 

Vague I know, but trying to get some idea of costs. 

TIA

Like $400 pesos. 4liters gallon. And cover like 15m2 whit 2 coats. 

I mix one can of the red with one that is white. Been doing it since my first update or repair in about 1998. It's not my favorite color to look at, But I am at the top of the hill on Juarez in Ajijic and no one lives above me anyway. And the only time I look at it is when I check the roof every 3 to 6 months for possible maintenance needs.

• Haha 1

The roof sealants that are sold here vary greatly in quality and price.   I am of the opinion you get what you pay for.  The cheaper ones don't last very long and you need to continually recoat your roof.  The best I have found is the 12 yr. Fester but at over $2000 pesos per 19 ltr. pail not cheap. I redid my roof with it about 7 years ago and it still looks great and no leaks.  The white sealants reflect more sunlight and can make your house feel cooler in the hotter months.

• Like 4