Chapala.com Webboard

Football could be a Go....if this is true

HookEmHorns

I used to be a big football fan but frankly it got to where I neither liked nor respected most of the people who play the game and just got permanently turned off.

Read your citation and it is sensible but not sure what it has to do with football.  I really can't see big numbers of people gathering in close quarters in stadiums or plazas for quite some time to come, at least until there is a vaccine.  You may recall they had a gathering of 75,000 in Mexico City and shortly thereafter the virus really took off there.  We sure ought to know that doesn't work by now, nor does putting CV patients in nursing homes with the most vulnerable either.

There is no cure.  There's a few existing drugs that can help lessen the illness if used early.  There is no vaccine and these lock downs can't last long enough for one to be developed, tested and applied.  We're going to have to learn to live with it and people will either be allowed to work and make a living or the death toll from that denial will get big quick.  Sweden decided to take the much more moderate approach of focusing on the vulnerable and avoiding the big gatherings while keeping things going and it has worked.  Yes there were more deaths mainly because they seem to have made the same mistake about nursing homes that others have.  

Interestingly now I see our esteemed Governor on Facebook admitting there are multitudes of empty hospital beds in this state.  Of course he's not going to admit that maybe he over reacted, instead he's sure his lock down is a great success.  When I look across the street and see a long line of formerly self supporting folks standing in a food line I would say it was a success alright, just not the one touted.

Well the lock down has made a big difference up north and they say if the lockdown had started in the Seattle-Kirkland area a few weeks earlier that many more people would be alive today. So I think but don't know that the quarantine started too early here. But better too early than a little later than when one should have started the lockdown .

I sure hope that the lockdown will start unlocking soon down here, but not too early or too fast as some are saying is happening  in some parts of the US.

2 hours ago, johanson said:

Well the lock down has made a big difference up north and they say if the lockdown had started in the Seattle-Kirkland area a few weeks earlier that many more people would be alive today. So I think but don't know that the quarantine started too early here. But better too early than a little later than when one should have started the lockdown .

I sure hope that the lockdown will start unlocking soon down here, but not too early or too fast as some are saying is happening  in some parts of the US.

Yes, some governors took a long time to make decisions. Since the virus is not just "going away" because of the "lock down", governors of states need to decide if they are now ready to handle the seriously ill in their hospitals, that they will get when things do open back up. Hopefully, they know a lot more about preventing death than before. Fortunately, every day it appears that more and more of the cases are not serious and more people are not needing hospitalization. People with underlying illnesses need to continue to be extra careful for, sadly, a long time, until a vaccine is ready. Healthy people appear to ride this out more like a light flu.

11 minutes ago, HookEmHorns said:

Fortunately, every day it appears that more and more of the cases are not serious and more people are not needing hospitalization. 

That's due to the lock down not a weakening of the virus.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1