Chapala.com Webboard

Roof collapsed during rain storm

23 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

You should have been closed for the last six weeks! I love Karma!

And where are people who are stuck here supposed to go? What a nasty thing to say to someone who has suffered such a calamity. Both of you posters should be ashamed. What makes you so self-righteous that you feel you have to post to pile onto someone's misery? Okay, you may feel that way and it is your right,but to post makes me feel sick....this is a time for compassion, not vilification .

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

4 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

And you were, of course, paying local taxes on your Airbnb income as required by law?

Somehow, I doubt it. 

You doubt it....is that like knowing it? Best not to judge unless you actually know it.

• Like 2

A poster asks for help looking for temporary housing and is immediately attacked by two members accusing him (based on nothing at all) of not paying taxes and operating illegally. I guess those are not considered personal attacks and are allowed to remain. Disgusting.

• Like 2

I agree with Xena.  Veiled,  unfounded assumptions and threats that landlords do not pay taxes are just nasty-mindedness.  If it bothers such posters so much all you have to do is ask for owner/operators' tax number.  You can see mine anytime.        

5 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

And you were, of course, paying local taxes on your Airbnb income as required by law?

Somehow, I doubt it. 

Be prepared to pay no less than what  you expected your "guests" to pay.

Do you know this person? How do you know he has not been legal? Thanks.

5 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Somehow, I doubt it. 

Be prepared to pay no less than what  you expected your "guests" to pay.

Your personal doubts without ANY supporting evidence are not enough to defame someone. What is wrong in your life that you have to make such a snide remark?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Sometimes it is good for some things to be left up as an object lesson.  

So personal attacks may be allowed if someone decides they are providing lessons? How is the lesson value determined?

• Thanks 5

there have been numerous complaints to the municipality of people aibnbing while all other businesses are closed. These people are exposing the public to outsiders who could easily be infected or carriers. My Mamma taught me to get the good Karma and not the bad and her wisdom has paid off.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, #HarryB said:

there have been numerous complaints to the municipality of people aibnbing while all other businesses are closed. These people are exposing the public to outsiders who could easily be infected or carriers. My Mamma taught me to get the good Karma and not the bad and her wisdom has paid off.

And you know not whether that is the case here.  You owe the OP an apology for a mean spirited off topic response.  As does oregontochapala.

The municipality needs to stop trying to strangle the local economy.  If it is OK for big business to stay open with precautions it should be for the rest as well.  Why anyone thinks strangling our local small businesses and impoverishing our Mexican neighbors to the point they are standing in food lines is good for anything is a complete mystery to me.

Also, AirBNB has an agreement with the Mexican government to see that taxes are collected on rentals.  I know of at least two properties , both Mexican owned, that left the site because of it.  It would be fun to do a study of the characteristics and ownership of tax dodging local businesses.  What do you want to bet the expat owned ones comply at a higher rate?  

• Thanks 2