Chapala.com Webboard

Suggestion: Know your meat so you're not surprised.

Eric Blair

This is an informational post for the Ajijic/Chapala area. If you're not interested, don't bother reading.

Anything personal, please PM me and don't waste the space on this post.  I do not need an analysis of the pictures I posted, they are generic. YMMV

IMO, this board is a great source for information on local eatries.

In the culinary arts, the word marbling refers to white flecks and streaks of fat within the lean sections of meat. Marbling is so named because the streaks of fat resemble a marble pattern. Also called intramuscular fat, marbling adds flavor and is one of the main criteria for judging the quality of cuts of meat.

HOWEVER  - - the shadow of COVID-19, more people are turning to home delivery of foods. If you see the term, "Well marbled," in the description of a steak, you could end up with a steak that is up to 40% FAT, which, if the steak is BBQ, may, be hidden by burning the hanging lumps of fat.

Always best to read reviews of local restaurants o local boards like this one.

Here is what I consider a good steak:

What Is Marbling in Steak?

IMO not good.

Cooking Deer Fat - Tips on Dealing with Deer Fat

image.jpeg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

And we gave you advice on meat including ribeye in another very extensive thread, so why regurgitate?

Generally, "happyjillan" you're simply offensive and overbearing in many of your response posts.  It appears that as you're so incredibly proud of what you think you know, you simply can't wait to tell all!  From here on in, at least for me, and quite a few others who I know well....YOU SIR, ARE PERMANENTLY BLOCKED!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

Generally, "happyjillan" you're simply offensive and overbearing in many of your response posts.  It appears that as you're so incredibly proud of what you think you know, you simply can't wait to tell all!  From here on in, at least for me, and quite a few others who I know well....YOU SIR, ARE PERMANENTLY BLOCKED!  

Muchos gracias-SNORK! y jajaja!

pedro kertesz

I asked Hazel McCallion, the Mayor of Mississauga between 1978 to 2014 where it was and she said Torona (spelled Toronto) is a suburb just east of Mississauga and the Pearson International airport.

People from Toronto say no, Pearson International  Airport which is the largest airport in Canada is also called the Toronto Airport. But look on a map and you will that Pearson International is next to Mississauga not Toronto.

By the way Hazel who is 99, and is in good health is the  current Chancellor of Sheridan College, which is West of Mississauga and "Torona".

For those that are pretending to know all about Canada-eh! Toronto is pronounced Tranna. And  the terminals at Pearson are in Etobicoke pronounced Eetoebeecoh,which is now part of Trana I went to Etobicoke Collegiate  Institute[go Rams] so I know where stough is there and neighbouring Missisauga, where my brother lives, for that matter.