Chapala.com Webboard

Superlake

Why do people keep reporting on Pancho or SL.. , it seems to be a strange obsession.. They are both grocery stores and right now neither one is great The prices are the prices and imported goods reflect the weak peso. If you do not like the places or the prices do not shop there, it seems pretty simple. I only buy in either places  items I cannot find anywhere else what I want  , if I  find the same thng fresher or cheaper somewhere else that is where I II buy. I have no love affar for ether place.. Pancho´s place is more frou frou and has nothing I am interested in  and SL right now is pretty empty so I do without  some special items..no big deal..

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Maybe because we are in quarantine and the only places we can go are close places like Walmart, Pancho's and Superlake, we talk about them because there is not much more to talk about.

Me? Living in West Ajijic, I also talk about the El Torito grocery store in Ajijic. And I want to report that the staff all wore their masks correctly and where we entered there was a person offering to wash our hands and sell us a mask, if we did not have one.

• Like 3

I really doubt that staff in the stores or for that matter, the general populace, have had any instruction on how to protect themselves and others, even how to use/wear a mask properly. They're called cubre-bocas, after all, so wearing them under your nose could seem perfectly logical to some... There's information available but not everyone has internet or TV, or is motivated to find out; I've learned a few things myself that I didn't know, and have had to revise my own strategies as I go along (like with bleach solutions, hot/cold water, shelf-life, how long to leave the solutions on, etc.) because I was doing things all wrong.   

IMO, Pancho should tell the workers that any of them that doesn't wear a mask properly will be terminated on the spot.

I think the one-way isles are a great idea. Also, maybe restocking the shelves one hour before opening and one hour after closing. It's impossible to distance when you have stocking shelves in the isles along with boxes of new stock.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Went to Superlake yesterday. Not very well stocked so off to Panchos new store. Not too busy. Found what I needed at Panchos-good eating oranges and stewed tomatoes.

13 hours ago, bmh said:

Why do people keep reporting on Pancho or SL.. , it seems to be a strange obsession.. They are both grocery stores and right now neither one is great The prices are the prices and imported goods reflect the weak pesos. If you do not like the places or the prices do not shop there, it seems pretty simple. I only buy in either places  items I cannot find anywhere else and  that I want  , if  find the same thng freshser or cheper somewhere else that s wher eII buy. I have no love affar for ether place.. Pancho´s place is more frou frou and has nothing I am interested in  and SL right now is pretty empty so I do without  some special items..no big deal..

You need to watch it with posting this kind of common sense here, it is very upsetting to some of our members.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2