Chapala.com Webboard

Superlake

I was at Superlake this Saturday morning. It is open and the shelves are about 3/4 full, mostly of local products. There were not  many of the imported goods of the type I was hoping for. But it looks like they are trying and that things will slowly come back to normal.

Sadly, I did not loo to see if they painted the place. The few selves that were empty and very clean and light colored. So just maybe they were.  I didn't anything dirty. But sadly, I was looking so hard for the products I wanted that they did not have, that I didn't notice anything different than the clean, maybe white shelves that were yet to be filled which were very clean.

Was there around 5pm today. As I walked in I noticed immediately the baggers had masks on their chin , pulled them up whenever customer came to the register.  Inside the store a few had no visible masks at all-including the young woman cutting cheese in the deli and girl stocking shelves. Most with masks had them under their nose. Maybe 3 workers wearing masks properly. I said something to the woman at the desk but she just nodded and kept at her paperwork. Seriously, how hard IS this?  Especially now with COVID confirmed in nearby Santa Cruz I won’t be going back unless/until they take things seriously

45 minutes ago, court0503 said:

Was there around 5pm today. As I walked in I noticed immediately the baggers had masks on their chin , pulled them up whenever customer came to the register.  Inside the store a few had no visible masks at all-including the young woman cutting cheese in the deli and girl stocking shelves. Most with masks had them under their nose. Maybe 3 workers wearing masks properly. I said something to the woman at the desk but she just nodded and kept at her paperwork. Seriously, how hard IS this?  Especially now with COVID confirmed in nearby Santa Cruz I won’t be going back unless/until they take things seriously

Who is reporting a confirmed case in Santa Cruz?        Jalisco as of last night had not, nor the Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico. 

Casos Activos

En Jalisco el municipio Chapala ...NO presenta casos activos,

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

Is the staff wearing masks and using hand sanitizer?  They were not before

are carts being sanitized?  They were not before

.I saw masks, most worn correctly. If you're concerned, wear your mask and gloves and maybe a containment suit or don't go out at all. Frankly, I'm taking the same precautions I did before and haven't even had so much as a sniffle. I prefer not to get all of that hand glop dumped on me because it's usually antibacterial and this is a virus. I wash my hands when I return. Yes, things could change, but I could get hit by a bus, too. I'll risk it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, court0503 said:

Dr. Lupita has been very open . She tested negative in Jocotopec, was not comfortable with the process went to Guad for a retest and confirmed positive. Test done in Guad, will be reported as Guad case. 

How did this subject turn up in Superlake!!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, court0503 said:

Dr. Lupita has been very open . She tested negative in Jocotopec, was not comfortable with the process went to Guad for a retest and confirmed positive. Test done in Guad, will be reported as Guad case. 

If people do not want to believe things said, they say fake news.  I had it done to me on what I said about super lake.   Sometimes the truth is hard to believe. I did explain to computer guy Mike what the workers told me. If some do not want to believe it, so be it. The truth is the truth.

• Like 1

Just came from Super Lake .  Shelves were pretty  empty, looks like they just restocked what was left when they closed.  The staff were wearing face shields but no sanitizing of carts or sanitizer at check out for checkers or baggers to use.

I was at Superlake this morning about 11.  Throughout the store some employees are wearing masks, some are not. At check-out, most are, including baggers. I was alarmed to see so many employees not wearing masks, especially bothered by three employees not wearing masks chatting together, standing close to one another.  If this rule on wearing masks and distancing is that lax, their boss is to blame.  But it's also a sign that so many young employees just don't get it--  Never thought I'd say it, but I'm going back to Walmart for a while more until Superlake shapes up.

Lexy

I've seen varying degrees of compliance with the regs around town and in grocery stores.  Sometimes better, sometimes not, I guess it depends on who is the boss at the moment.  They should be complying with ALL the regs ALL the time.

As various locations around the world start to open their businesses again, even countries that had an excellent track record of dealing with CV so far, people start slacking off and in most cases I've read about - when they open prematurely, which it is everywhere, there has been an immediate rise in cases and deaths of CV.  This CV issue is not going to go away any time soon.  People need to get used it and realize that they are risking lives by slacking off the compliance.  They can reopen businesses but few people will show up for business when it's so obvious that they are not yet ready.  We have to have much more testing - like they have every day in the WH - where recent cases have been found.  Of course, the rest of the richest country in the world can't manage to do that.  So, cuidanse muy bien!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, Kyle said:

Pancho's does it right!  Disinfect the carts as you come in, make you sanitize your hands, only one way traffic in aisles  and all the help wearing masks properly.  That is where I will shop!

I was at Pancho's yesterday and it was not at all like you have described. Carts were not being sanitized some staff were not wearing masks and their was no attempt to limit access in a way that would maintain social distancing. There were also three vendors in the store not wearing masks. I left quickly.

• Like 1

Why does any one on this board, who keep reporting the negatives on the place..bother to go there....some people are addicted to drugs and booze but here at Lakeside it seems many people are addicted to Superlake...time to go cold turkey and stop taking those high price cans and goodies....., which I am sure will become  higher with every new delivery 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2