Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

returning TIP at km 21 Nogales


Recommended Posts

Hola

Not ever having to return a TIP I am wondering if this photo from On the road in Mexico website is correct or do you have to cross the highway and return it from where you got it ?

TIA

 

nogales-mapcheck-21.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't driven that for several years now, but the return building was exacty where it shows on the map. No need to cross the highway, unless they've changed something. In any case, it should be evident when you get there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Same place last time I went through...  Are you considering turning in your Tourist Card or doing anything with your Temporal within INM whilst leaving?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RickS said:

Same place last time I went through...  Are you considering turning in your Tourist Card or doing anything with your Temporal within INM whilst leaving?

 

Hi Rick

I now have my temp and don't renew till next Jan so it will be only my TIP to turn in. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always went across the highway and formally did the paperwork to exit the country (for the record) both when I had a temporal and later when we got permanent visas. I was told it is required. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IF, when you got your Temporal you also went to Aduana and 'tied your TIP' to that Temporal as is required, then the TIP does NOT expire until your Temporal expires. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RickS said:

IF, when you got your Temporal you also went to Aduana and 'tied your TIP' to that Temporal as is required, then the TIP does NOT expire until your Temporal expires. 

As always Rick you are a wealth of knowledge and super helpful !!!! I did not know that the TIP would be good till my visa expired.  I used Spencer's office to do all my temp resident visa and they did do the TIP.  I will still be turning it in because I won't be coming back down till December and my visa needs to be renewed by Jan 10 2021. 

  Now when I get my next one in December will the TIP only be good for 6 months ? I plan on getting a 4 year visa so I would think it would be only 6 months 

  Gracias

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JGiff said:

As always Rick you are a wealth of knowledge and super helpful !!!! I did not know that the TIP would be good till my visa expired.  I used Spencer's office to do all my temp resident visa and they did do the TIP.  I will still be turning it in because I won't be coming back down till December and my visa needs to be renewed by Jan 10 2021. 

  Now when I get my next one in December will the TIP only be good for 6 months ? I plan on getting a 4 year visa so I would think it would be only 6 months 

  Gracias

Sent you a PM

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...