Chapala.com Webboard

Where to buy a lady's poncho

This site was acting up a bit. I did change it to Lady's Pancho in the subject line and it accepted it but..... 

Rain pancho?  Winter heavy weight pancho?    Need more information.   

If you want material,  you may have trouble finding them right now as consignment shops are mainly closed and I think clothing stores in general are closed.  

I saw rain pancho's a few years ago at the dollar store in Ajijic plaza.  You may be able to get them also at a hardware store as workers wear them.  I doubt it would make a difference if a yellow or orange pancho states mujer or hombre on the package.  Size would be probably be the only issue.

6 hours ago, cedros said:

Does anyone know where I can buy a lady's Pancho?

So there's no confusion, it's a poncho. I have seen them in Walmart. They are usually folded into a small package so they're easy to pack.

19 minutes ago, gogirl said:

So there's no confusion, it's a poncho. I have seen them in Walmart. They are usually folded into a small package so they're easy tp pack.

I was wondering if it was a or o but googled figured it out right away even though I used a.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MichaelB said:

Costco has them

Really. I have never noticed them there. I will have to look.

56 minutes ago, tomgates said:

The hand made products at Las Telares (?sp) should fill the bill.

Turn L on Indepencia from Colon, in Ajijic centro.

Yes, that sounds like what I am looking for but are they open.

On 5/8/2020 at 3:21 PM, gogirl said:

So there's no confusion, it's a poncho. I have seen them in Walmart. They are usually folded into a small package so they're easy to pack.

Walmart says no

On 5/11/2020 at 7:30 AM, tomgates said:

The hand made products at Las Telares (?sp) should fill the bill.

Turn L on Indepencia from Colon, in Ajijic centro.

I could not find Las Telarus today. I remember seeing the place where all the weaving and knitting was going on. With so many places closed now it is difficult to find many of then old locations.   

11 hours ago, cedros said:

Walmart says no

Maybe they have them closer to rainy season. They are usually hanging on the end caps by the handbags and socks.

5 hours ago, gogirl said:

Maybe they have them closer to rainy season. They are usually hanging on the end caps by the handbags and socks.

Walmart says they will have them again in November

12 hours ago, gogirl said:

Or winter

13 minutes ago, cedros said:

Or winter

I thought you were looking for a rain poncho. If it's more of a shawl made of sweater material then it would be in November like you mentioned.

1 hour ago, gogirl said:

I thought you were looking for a rain poncho. If it's more of a shawl made of sweater material then it would be in November like you mentioned.

As I said earlier-not for rain. They call them Ponchos not shawls.

On 5/12/2020 at 1:49 PM, cedros said:

I could not find Las Telarus today. I remember seeing the place where all the weaving and knitting was going on. With so many places closed now it is difficult to find many of then old locations.   

Los Telares is on16th of Septiembre, across from Cocinarte, last time I looked. (You can't turn left from Colon.) Don't know if they're open but if not, I bet you could purchase one if you can make contact with them. Bang on the door. See if there's a cell phone #. I bet someone lives there....

5 hours ago, Travis said:

Los Telares is on16th of Septiembre, across from Cocinarte, last time I looked. (You can't turn left from Colon.) Don't know if they're open but if not, I bet you could purchase one if you can make contact with them. Bang on the door. See if there's a cell phone #. I bet someone lives there....

I went there and could not tell which one used to be Telares and none of the nearby businesses had ever heard of it. Is it number 29?

1 hour ago, Travis said:

It's still there: DIRECTLY across from restaurant Cocinart. 

766-5640

https://telares-los-reyes.negocio.site/?utm_source=gmb&utm_medium=referral

Thanks I was in the wrong block and the wrong street. (I don't know where Cocinart is).