Chapala.com Webboard

US 800 Telephone Numbers

I have an online business and have had an 888 number for 12 years here through Toll Free Forwarding. This allows my customers and potential customers in the US and Canada to call me toll free here in Mexico. These calls are directed through my Telmex landline. I pay $84 per year and this allows 100 minutes per month and a small per minute cost after that. You can reach Toll Free Forwarding in the US at 888-452-1505 or tollfreeforwarding.com. Since this is only for incoming calls I also have Skype with a yearly plan that allows unlimited calls to the US and Canada and very good rates to all other countries. I would be interested in learning learning of your problems with Skype since I have been very happy with it. 

I think it is better to ignore the toll free number and instead just phone their local number. Free to Canada and the US with Telcel and Telmex.

That is the best way, cedros. But sometimes from down here it gets very hard to find the local number of the company that is listed in the phonebook or on line with a north of the border(s) 800 number.

9 minutes ago, johanson said:

That is the best way, cedros. But sometimes from down here it gets very hard to find the local number of the company that is listed in the phonebook or on line with a north of the border(s) 800 number.

Yes, they often don't post their local number on their websites. 

I am not sure what the OP is looking for by asking "Has anybody figured out how to get US 800 telephone numbers?" What does he mean by US 800 #? And what does his comment about Skype have to  do with it? If he is looking for a toll free 800# from the US to here, my recommendation should work. If he is looking for a toll free 800# from here to the US, I have no idea. 

What is shown above are the 800 numbers we use with our basic Telmex plans that we are charged to use on our Telmex phones down here. It must be different with Telecable IZZI and/or iLox. And gringohombre apparently has a business plan with Telmex that allows many special options.

I also have an internet  (VoIP) phone where I chose a  # that is local to my up north home in Seattle. That way, my friends and neighbors from up there can call me toll free from Seattle. There are many different providers that offer this type of service. Mine happens to be Ooma. And, of course, I can phone any, north of the border 800 telephone number for free be they in Canada or the US. using my Ooma phone be I down here or up north if I take the Ooma VoIP phone system with me

7 minutes ago, johanson said:

What is shown above are the 800 numbers we use with our basic Telmex plans. It must be different with Telecable IZZI and/or iLox. And gringohombre apparently has a business plan with Telmex that allows many special options.

I have an internet  (VoIP) phone where I chose a  # that is local to my up north home in Seattle. That way, my friends and neighbors from up there can call me toll free from Seattle. There are many different providers that offer this service. Mine happens to be Ooma. And, of course, I can phone any, north of the border 800 telephone number for free be they in Canada or the US.

I have a US toll free forwarding # that is DIRECTED to my Telmex landline. It has nothing to do with Telmex. Again, it is not at all clear what the OP is looking for. Maybe he can clear it up. 

From the OP.  Yesterday tried to activate Schwab debitcard.  Keyed in numbers from SKYPE dialpad were not recognized.  I don't care whose problem it was.  Maybe Telmex will do better.   Never hurts to have a spare.  Otherwise SKYPE is OK.