Chapala.com Webboard

Internet down Ajijic

Telmex internet in upper West Ajijic seems like its out every one to three days lately. It used to be so reliable. Now it is so unreliable. What is up?

Thanks God, I have IZZI cable as a backup. And although I have the most economical IZZI cable package as a backup, they recently upgraded their local internet speeds to almost 10 Mb/sec down by about 0.8 Mb/sec up

I thought that was my problem too. I went to Ilox yesterday and they said it would be up in a few hours. When it was still not up this morning I returned. When she ran my account info she said that i had been terminated for nonpayment!  I paid for a year in advance about a year and a half ago. They never sent me even an email bill, always 0000. Seems crazy to turn off paying customers without notice.....

14 hours ago, John Shrall said:

You can check your ILOX status by going to https://clientes.iloxtelecom.com/portal/Login.aspx?uacc=c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c

and set up an account for access. You can pay bills by credit card also. 

that's okay info, but as soon as I can I will be going back to Telmex. The unreliability of the phone is a deal killer for me. It was especially hard when my husband was dying and waiting for the Doctora to call and it's dropping the calls. this last week I missed more than a dozen calls when I was right next to the phone....

1 hour ago, cafemediterraneo said:

that's okay info, but as soon as I can I will be going back to Telmex. The unreliability of the phone is a deal killer for me. It was especially hard when my husband was dying and waiting for the Doctora to call and it's dropping the calls. this last week I missed more than a dozen calls when I was right next to the phone....

Maybe a small cheap cell phone would help

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cafemediterraneo said:

Most people who opted for ILOX phone went back to Telmex for dial tone. Their VOIP system is totally unreliable. Can’t make outbound calls and inbound calls never make it.

More and more we’re using cell phones over the land line.

When I posted above that the Telmex internet went down again, I left one important fact out. As I drove away this morning to buy groceries I noticed that an abandoned and old telephone pole had broken in the middle and the top half fell down on both the Telmex and Telecable cables; breaking the telmex cables only. I still have telecable. CFEs lines are on separate poles which are appreciably higher and the were not impacted at all. So the outage I reported only impacts 4 homes.

Being an old timer, and having moved in in 1997, I am used to having power, telephone, and internet failures and learned that the best thing to do is to have a backup for most everything. In this case, as I mentioned above I have IZZI cable internet as my backup.

UPDATE. A Chapala municipality government truck just showed up, checked out the damage and has also phoned Telmex IZZI reporting that a pole had broken and fallen their lines. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for some of the workers from either Telmex or IZZI cable show up to make repairs now that the someone  phoned from the government has phoned up.