Chapala.com Webboard

Please help pay the salaries of employees during this crisis Have Hammer will Travel A.C. woodworking School

Please help donate pay the salaries of our two teachers Lalo and and his son Lalito.  We have no cash flow or fundraisers during this crisis. The Have Hammer will travel A.C. needs to keep our teachers on board  so when we open again.  We need your help to complete our mission statement  "Teaching mexican youth life skills through CAD, woodworking and carpentry and help them get jobs. Thank you for helping during this crisis.We have fixed overhead of salaries, taxes, CFE, telmex and rent etc.   Thank you for keeping the school solvent and a going concern. see our new website      http://www.havehammer.org 

Our school will needed more than ever , with so many unemployed,  Please refer students for Sept semester. Please find and  sponsor a student. Boys and girls

https://www.gofundme.com/f/zgeqm-a-cause-i-care-about-needs-help

you will get IRS 501c3 United States tax donation 

For more ways to donate please contact  me 

wayne  766-1860

• Thanks 1

Thank you to an anonymous donor for $5000 pesos cash

picked up at person house today.

and gofundme of $25 dollars ( will get in our bank account in 3 weeks)

our need is $84,000 pesos

- $5000

now $79,000 pesos.needed during crisis

Thank you for helping the kids and keeping us solvent and a going concern

any little bit helps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Congratulations on your innovative actions to keep the business alive

Are you eligible for any of the small business loans/grants offered by the MX government?

I believe this is an NPO not a business and they count on donations to operate and to a much lesser extent, people buying the products the students make.

Just now, happyjillin said:

I believe this is an NPO not a business and they count on donations to operate and to a much lesser extent, people buying the products the students make.

Maybe........... I have no idea that is why I asked the question........They have paid employees like a regular business... a NFP  gives away its "profits" like any other of the NFP Bazaars that operate at Lakeside...........  they could double the wages of the employees if the circumstance deemed it...so after  paying the "regular" Rent,Light Heating and Wages etc.....what is surplus is given to worthy causes or in this case reinvested in the operation

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Maybe........... I have no idea that is why I asked the question........They have paid employees like a regular business... a NFP  gives away its "profits" like any other of the NFP Bazaars that operate at Lakeside...........  they could double the wages of the employees if the circumstance deemed it...so after  paying the "regular" Rent,Light Heating and Wages etc.....what is surplus is given to worthy causes or in this case reinvested in the operation

2 paid, father and son that run the shop,teach the kids and there are also numerous adult volunteers with woodworking skills that help teach. I  have never heard of  any non profit organization[NPO] that doesn't have paid employees. This one has only 2 that are hands on and totally necessary. In any event they don't make a profit of any sort to "give away" and do not compare to the bazaars that you speak of in any way shape or form. There is a bazaar beside the shop that supports them and various charities with their sales.

3 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

2 paid, father and son that run the shop,teach the kids and there are also numerous adult volunteers with woodworking skills that help teach. I  have never heard of  any non profit organization[NPO] that doesn't have paid employees. This one has only 2 that are hands on and totally necessary. In any event they don't make a profit of any sort to "give away" and do not compare to the bazaars that you speak of in any way shape or form. There is a bazaar beside the shop that supports them and various charities with their sales.

I am not sure that we are saying anything differently..maybe a play on words and expressions...or not

Being a "non profit" does not, I repeat does not mean that everyone associated with the organisation is not paid a wage/salary/expenses, which I guess is decided by The Board Members. 

For example when the board mets it can bring a Brown Bag Lunch,  order in Hamburgers, or Bottle of water, or a slap up meal from Tango

22 minutes ago, vista lake said:

So $84000 pesos for both? Wow is a good payment? Hiw much they charge x week? Im courios! 

22 minutes ago, vista lake said:

So $84000 pesos for both? Wow is a good payment? Hiw much they charge x week? Im courios! 

NOT just wages,but rent,CFE and all other expenses to stay open. If you don't want to donate find something else to do besides trying to cast doubt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, lakeside7 said:

I am not sure that we are saying anything differently..maybe a play on words and expressions...or not

Being a "non profit" does not, I repeat does not mean that everyone associated with the organisation is not paid a wage/salary/expenses, which I guess is decided by The Board Members. 

For example when the board mets it can bring a Brown Bag Lunch,  order in Hamburgers, or Bottle of water, or a slap up meal from Tango

Your insinuation is that more than these two people are getting paid? The board does not draw even one centavo for anything as they are TOTAL non paid volunteers. I certainly hope that you and vistalake do not turn off people who want to donate to a good cause. Why don't you go bother some of the other helping organizations and treat all of them equally with your non helpful questions and then you can pat yourself on the back as the saboteur  supreme.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, happyjillin said:

NOT just wages,but rent,CFE and all other expenses to stay open. If you don't want to donate find something else to do besides trying to cast doubt.

They said to pay the father and son! I dont see where said for more payments, like cfe, water simapa, rent, etc. My be you dont now read, or give a good answer. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, vista lake said:

They said to pay the father and son! I dont see where said for more payments, like cfe, water simapa, rent, etc. My be you dont now read, or give a good answer. 

It's in the OP. I read  just fine and you don't.  Stop your attack on these people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, happyjillin said:

Your insinuation is that more than these two people are getting paid? The board does not draw even one centavo for anything as they are TOTAL non paid volunteers. I certainly hope that you and vistalake do not turn off people who want to donate to a good cause. Why don't you go bother some of the other helping organizations and treat all of them equally with your non helpful questions and then you can pat yourself on the back as the saboteur  supreme.

Why are you taking this so defensive position??? I admire traderspoc for his Energy, Enthusiasm and being so PRO ACTIVE.... he would be a super person to have on any board and or team.

Many people appear to be under the misapprehension about  "Non Profit Organization", regardless here in MX or NOB.

For example at the Fracc AC I am in , after every AGM..... the Board use to Provided an Mexican Brunch for the attendees! It employ's qualified Managers and office personal and pays them the going rate for their position. If you want a successful business you get the best people and remunerate them appropriately 

If there are critics from outside ask them to step in and participate...or better still share with them the organizational business plan and ask them to support it. At Lakeside there are dozen's of  organizations for people to get involved  in...one size does not fill all...whatever makes you feel comfortable go for it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Congratulations on your innovative actions to keep the business alive

Are you eligible for any of the small business loans/grants offered by the MX government?

no our Mexican  accountant said we do not qualify for Govt help

Theses donations will get us through to July 1st 2020, these are uncertain times.

also remember, we pay Lalo and Lalito on the books, and 37 % of their salary is IMSS, federal taxes. etc.

When the school is running full time, cost wood, tools for the students, rent, etc comes to about $88,000 pesos a month.

we are one of the few lakeside charities that are called a regular A.C. where all yearly filings, taxes, licenses are up to date

on the 14th of this month payroll taxes are due for the month April, you get penalties if not paid on time.

many local charities are run out of back pocket, and do file their yearly papers. most are not A.C.s

We have a signed lease  that the board of directors has to pay if we have no donations are there to pay the rent.

This is all about the kids and changing their future.

Thank you for your donations and keeping our school solvent and a going concern

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, gringal said:

Note that the consignment shop next door to Have Hammers has been closed since the general shutdown and so can not contribute to its upkeep.

Thank you gringal,  yes when Todo Bueno Resale and Consignment opens again, please brings items in for consignment.

7 minutes ago, traderspoc said:

Thank you gringal,  yes when Todo Bueno Resale and Consignment opens again, please brings items in for consignment.

We have used them extensively recently, and they have been very effective and good to deal with. They got good prices for our items.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:13 AM, traderspoc said:

Please help donate pay the salaries of our two teachers Lalo and and his son Lalito.  We have no cash flow or fundraisers during this crisis. The Have Hammer will travel A.C. needs to keep our teachers on board  so when we open again.  We need your help to complete our mission statement  "Teaching mexican youth life skills through CAD, woodworking and carpentry and help them get jobs. Thank you for helping during this crisis.We have fixed overhead of salaries, taxes, CFE, telmex and rent etc.   Thank you for keeping the school solvent and a going concern. see our new website      http://www.havehammer.org 

Our school will needed more than ever , with so many unemployed,  Please refer students for Sept semester. Please find and  sponsor a student. Boys and girls

https://www.gofundme.com/f/zgeqm-a-cause-i-care-about-needs-help

you will get IRS 501c3 United States tax donation 

For more ways to donate please contact  me 

wayne  766-1860

For the one who can't seem to read or write English very well...I have quoted this and placed the appropriate area in an underlined bold. I also write and speak English very well.

Late add:  glad to hear about the consignment shop & prices. We definitely have a lot of things we need to sell/donate.

• Like 1

To answer PM  question here's a video of our christmas posada for the kids. so you can learn more about our school.

This is where some donations went to in 2019. this is a yearly christmas we have for our students.

This was the biggest christmas posada for our students we ever had.

We invited the board of directors of HHWT and volunteers  and Rodrigo donated his time and  video editing

http://havehammer.org/videos/

have hammers lcs add.JPG

18 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Why are you taking this so defensive position??? I admire traderspoc for his Energy, Enthusiasm and being so PRO ACTIVE.... he would be a super person to have on any board and or team.

Many people appear to be under the misapprehension about  "Non Profit Organization", regardless here in MX or NOB.

For example at the Fracc AC I am in , after every AGM..... the Board use to Provided an Mexican Brunch for the attendees! It employ's qualified Managers and office personal and pays them the going rate for their position. If you want a successful business you get the best people and remunerate them appropriately 

If there are critics from outside ask them to step in and participate...or better still share with them the organizational business plan and ask them to support it. At Lakeside there are dozen's of  organizations for people to get involved  in...one size does not fill all...whatever makes you feel comfortable go for it.

If you truly admire traderspoc and what he's doing then you wouldn't constantly be posting this crap. It's not helping raise funds for a worthwhile cause and the betterment of Mexican youths who might not otherwise have a chance like this. You are plainly sabotaging this effort. Take your own advice and see if this board wants you as a member,but hey, you won't get remuneration. Have Hammers has been very successful without the Business models you are touting. What the haitch is your motivation, in any event?

• Thanks 2

Thank you kathleen for o gofundme $25

also $100 US check was dropped off  at handymail box 4A

Check was made out   Foundation for lake chapala charities,  with note on it for Have Hammer Will travel a.c.

$69,225 minus

$25  + $575 pesos

$100= $2300 pesos

$69,225 minus $2875= $66,350 pesos still needed Thats about $2884 US dollars

if 29 wonderful persons donated $100 dollars each we would make our goal.

We where doing great before this covid 19 crisis, but with Todo bueno resale store temporarily   closed or bingolago fundraiser closed we have no cash flow

Rent due Jun 1st $26,000 pesos or  about $1130 US dollars

salaries  for two teachers in dollars $195 a week $4500 pesos

its all about the kids, helping them get skills

wayne

• Thanks 1