Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

US sends ventilators to CDMX as promised aid


Recommended Posts

MEXICO CITY — Mexico has received a shipment of 211 medical ventilators from the United States as part of aid that U.S. President Donald Trump promised his Mexican counterpart. “We want to very fully thank the government of the United States, especially President Trump,” said Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard. “As the saying goes, when there are hard times is when you know who your friends are.”  info here

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mostlylost said:

The shipment of 211 received this morning was brought by FedEx. So far in the month of May Mexico has received 610 ventilators from the USA that we purchased including the arrival of 211 today. 

With a mortality rate of 70%+ I would question the thought of having to going through that procedure. Surgeons are being traumatised with seeing such a high rate of deaths

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

With a mortality rate of 70%+ I would question the thought of having to going through that procedure. Surgeons are being traumatised with seeing such a high rate of deaths

They say only 50% survive the use of one. :(

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

only 80 plus die..on ventilators.. That is what we were told when my brother went on on and indeed he did die.. There are also nasty sequels from them when people survive.. People have to be put n a coma to  be able to go on them and many thngs can go wrong.&00 ventlators means 480 deaths...Pretty scary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have heard if under 60 about 30% survival rate 60+ 20%. All I can say is they will not snake any tube down my throat. I have hydroxicoloquine, z pack and zinc. I'll will take my chances at home. Hospitals is where people die. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, geeser said:

MEXICO CITY — Mexico has received a shipment of 211 medical ventilators from the United States as part of aid that U.S. President Donald Trump promised his Mexican counterpart. “We want to very fully thank the government of the United States, especially President Trump,” said Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard. “As the saying goes, when there are hard times is when you know who your friends are.”  info here

And when the US Native tribes asked for COVID-19 supplies, they were sent body bags -- not just to one tribe, but several. This is not a made up story. That's REALLY happening in the  USA right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Alli said:

And when the US Native tribes asked for COVID-19 supplies, they were sent body bags -- not just to one tribe, but several. This is not a made up story. That's REALLY happening in the  USA right now.

What's your source? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly the Ventilator is not turning out to be the fix one expected, quite the opposite 

As health officials around the world push to get more ventilators to treat coronavirus patients, some doctors are moving away from using the breathing machines when they can. The reason: Some hospitals have reported unusually high death rates for coronavirus patients on ventilators, and some doctors worry that the machines could be harming certain patients"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Alli said:

And when the US Native tribes asked for COVID-19 supplies, they were sent body bags -- not just to one tribe, but several. This is not a made up story. That's REALLY happening in the  USA right now.

The body bags were shipped by King county Wa. In what they said was a mistake. The funding for Federal Indian Health Board for the covid pandemic was passed by the House of Reps but stalled for more than a month in some legal dispute. The Federal Gov started distributing Billions of dollars Tuesday to Native American Tribal government.

Read more

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, lakeside7 said:

Sadly the Ventilator is not turning out to be the fix one expected, quite the opposite 

As health officials around the world push to get more ventilators to treat coronavirus patients, some doctors are moving away from using the breathing machines when they can. The reason: Some hospitals have reported unusually high death rates for coronavirus patients on ventilators, and some doctors worry that the machines could be harming certain patients"

True. The high pressure needed to force oxygen into the lungs does permanent damage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...