Chapala.com Webboard

Cafe Grano

2 hours ago, Lotalattes said:

Hola!  Does anyone know if Cafe Grano is open to purchase beans? Or is there anywhere other than Super Lake that sells their coffee? Thanks!

Yes they are open with limited hours.  Mornings for sure.  

Lalo of the Coffee Tree[Cafe Arbol] in Chapala will deliver. He has many blends and sells both beans and ground all of which he roasts right there. He just delivered our decafe right on time this morning. Cell# 331-440-5162. If he doesn't answer he will call you back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Lalo of the Coffee Tree[Cafe Arbol] in Chapala will deliver. He has many blends and sells both beans and ground all of which he roasts right there. He just delivered our decafe right on time this morning. Cell# 331-440-5162. If he doesn't answer he will call you back.

I feel sorry for that guy and his family. His business has been totally disrupted by the ongoing never stop road improvements and now the Covid virus shut down..if anyone needs help its these guys and families who are working on slim margins, family entrepreneurs ...... also add Raffa the car wash guy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lakeside, You think the coffee growers from Cafe Grano do not need help??? Chiapas is the poorest state n the nation and the cafetales are small. The growers there are in bad need of help as well. I know several who just sent me a note that they are going to go to the States for the harvest as they badly need the money.. There is no money going in right now..

4 hours ago, bmh said:

Lakeside, You think the coffee growers from Cafe Grano do not need help??? Chiapas is the poorest state n the nation and the cafetales are small. The growers there are in bad need of help as well. I know several who just sent me a note that they are going to go to the States for the harvest as they badly need the money.. There is no money going in right now..

Do you think Lalo pulls his beans out  of thin air?

6 hours ago, bmh said:

Do you thnk Cafe Grano pulls their beans out of the thn ar as well?

Your implication was that Cafe Grano as the only support for Mexican coffee growers and I replied " do you think that Lalo pulls his beans out of thin air?" to point out that he does too and on top of that sends the waste back to the growers to use as fertilizer.

• Like 1