Chapala.com Webboard

Please support Presidente (Mayor) Moy and our police

I see that the original poster is "#HarryB"  The writing style doesn't look like Harry Bublin who uses the name HarryB.  I also see that #HarryB joined this web board on March 30th.

Just sayin.....

• Confused 1

Yes, it is me as I had account problems and needed to start a new account. I write as I write. Perhaps when I am translating from spanish it looks a little different. I still say I am thankful to a governor and Presidente who are acting to protect their citizens. Remember the regime in Mexico City is a different party and they all always get in any stabs they can. We are being protected.

Not being political , but, I know Gov. Cuomo is a different party . Surprise just like here and he has done a splendid job. In fact I repeatedly heard him referred to as Presidential!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, aghast.seriously said:

No, Mainecoons, it was you in this thread. "SEGOB couldn't have made it more plain than these actions are a direct violation of the Mexican Constitution."

Also " I would suspect this business of telling liquor stores what they can and cannot sell is also illegal as all get out."

Also "I can't support the Governor or the Presidente in this matter.  They have been told unequivocally they are violating peoples' rights under the Mexican Constitution."

So unless you are saying those statements mean you are upholding constitutional rights, I am confused. But let me say it another way: Challenging the Constitución Política de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos, as an expat living in Mexico, is both political and nonsensical.

Nope, and I even posted the link so you could read it for yourself.  Did you?

SeGob issued a statement advising these actions were unconstitutional under the Mexican Constitution.  I believe you will find the rights of all legal residents are protected under that constitution but I was referring specifically to these actions of blocking Mexican citizens from their right of travel on Chapala highway.  

Obviously I can't uphold constitutional rights, that is a rather silly statement.  I am pointing out our local government according to SeGob is violating the constitution.  As was pointed out in the article which you apparently haven't read, they are far from the only ones, which is why SeGob took the step of issuing that advisory.  If you have an issue with it you'll need to take it up with them.

Yes you really are confused.  I really can't help you further in this matter.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2020 at 8:27 AM, happyjillin said:

Get some  facts about this. The police stopped the principal[identified as such] of the high school or college in Chapala from going to his work because he is a resident of Guadaljara and not here. Presidente Moy is doing the right thing. He said a full investigation is underway so that something like this doesn't happen again. The heat is necessary and is largely coming from the Mexican community. You don't speak for me and I hardly think  you speak for "many if not all of the expat community".

Nice but useless wandering everyone. How about back to the REAL issue. The CDEDHJ concluded their investigation as per information from La Voz de la Ribera online news and an apology to the  principal of the school will be forthcoming.

abuse of chapala principal investgation.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, 4fingersfreddy said:

Thanks for the numerous attacks on my character. Glad I'm not like you.

Who are you referring to in this post.  It followed a post that neither quoted nor referred to you.  Did you accidentally put it in the wrong place?

1 hour ago, 4fingersfreddy said:

"Thanks for the numerous attacks on my character. Glad I'm not like you."

It immediately followed your post. Huh.

Do you have two identities here?  My post responded to another poster, not you.

Are you OK?

21 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

They are dead because (1)they had underlying health problems and (2)the NY health care system was also not prepared. Mostly #1, but #2 applies also. You cannot violate peoples rights UNLESS you declare "martial law" which no one has done. (same applies in Mexico) So, they will get their pants sued off very soon. The Constitution is the LAW of the US. You violate it and impinge on peoples rights, you pay the fiddler.

"U.S. Attorney General William Barr made it clear last month that federal prosecutors should "be on the lookout" for overly restrictive state and local shutdown orders that may infringe on people's constitutional rights – especially when it comes to the First Amendment.

"If a state or local ordinance crosses the line from an appropriate exercise of authority to stop the spread of COVID-19 into an overbearing infringement of constitutional and statutory protections, the Department of Justice may have an obligation to address that overreach in federal court," Barr said in an April memo."

That is pretty funny JB. What about the hair salon owner in Texas, who opened up despite the emergency order? She got seven days in jail and will have to pay $500 per every day she keeps it open. Ironically, in her jurisdiction they are going to open salons this Friday.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

That is pretty funny JB. What about the hair salon owner in Texas, who opened up despite the emergency order? She got seven days in jail and will have to pay $500 per every day she keeps it open. Ironically, in her jurisdiction they are going to open salons this Friday.

And Abbott wants her released immediately and called out the judge who did it. Rapists released but she's in jail. Power hungry judges and politicians.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Don't count on it, bubba. She may sue for wrongful imprisonment. Already nearly $150,000 has been raised for her benefit. The State A. G. has told them they have over stepped their authority and to release her. You follow that and tell us what happens, LOL  Lets see who has the last laugh, you or JB and Pappy.

6 hours ago, Willie said:

If the principal was driving without his license and had been drinking.....are those issues to be ignored?  Just asking...

Do you think the government and police apologized for nothing after a thorough investigation? Give your head a shake and wake up to real facts.

I am thankful that the governor and mayor are taking extraordinary measures in the face of a potential health crisis. Look please at countries who have done it right: Germany and New Zealand for example. Swift strong measures with positive results.

Jalisco is trying to protect all the citizens and is doing a pretty darn good job. Chapala, Jocotopec and Ixtlahuacan have no reported cases and Jalisco has overall low numbers considering the size of its population. Reopen too soon and do everything over again. Not too smart IMHO.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109180/mexico-coronavirus-cases-state/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MtnMama said:

I am thankful that the governor and mayor are taking extraordinary measures in the face of a potential health crisis. Look please at countries who have done it right: Germany and New Zealand for example. Swift strong measures with positive results.

Jalisco is trying to protect all the citizens and is doing a pretty darn good job. Chapala, Jocotopec and Ixtlahuacan have no reported cases and Jalisco has overall low numbers considering the size of its population. Reopen too soon and do everything over again. Not too smart IMHO.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109180/mexico-coronavirus-cases-state/

You think staying closed will "kill" this virus? You obviously do not understand why they "closed" in the first place. I suggest you check it out so you don't get any Big Surprises. Just sayin'.

4 hours ago, Willie said:

Happyjillin....the snarky comment at the end of your response was not called for.  Muy grosero!

But thank you for the clarification.....

And your comment about the victim being without a license and drunk which IS NOT TRUE is way worse than what you call snarky. I would have said far more to you in person for such basura that you posted on a public forum.

BTW Mexicans apologize for walking in front of you . NOTICE THE VIDEOS , THEY speak the truth ... No I'd, no licence,  belligerent actions, to the police , slurred speech, and follow me to house to see my docs? I know you don't have a dog in this fight , you just want to maintain your Oracle status,Peddy!

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

18 hours ago, pappysmarket said:

And Abbott wants her released immediately and called out the judge who did it. Rapists released but she's in jail. Power hungry judges and politicians.

The Texas Supreme Court just acquitted her of all charges....

Harry has made his request, those who agree should respond accordingly, those who do not have stated their reasons.  The opinion of the Mexican community is the one that matters and that will be known in due course.  Before this turns into another personal pissing match it will end here.   Closed.

• Thanks 1